I lost it and now this jerk might ruin my future

CarnelianFlower

Just today I bloodied my sister's cheating ex BF and think he's gonna file charges against me.:( Will he really do it?

This is the same scumbag I told her to break up already and so did friends. He cheats multiple times, my sister would come crying and I heard him once screaming at her in a threatening manner.

Well she broke it off today. This is when I really lost it and without giving it second thought (I'm only 5'4' so it was a risk I took) I swung and then noticed lots of blood coming from his nose (not sure if I could have possible broke it).

Anyways he kept screaming how he would report me and things like ''Look what you did to me *****''. Being scared and realizing how this could've turned out, I quickly took off afterwards as I got into my car.

Will he really file charges against me? If he does is my future ruined? I have never hit anyone in my life and definitely was never a trouble-maker, never gotten arrested.

I'm concerned. This bastard is gonna ruin my future. What now? I can't sleep well knowing I might get a knock on the door. Help........

• Author
CarnelianFlower

What if he does indeed files charges as he said he would? Would there be way to make him drop them? This is my first and last time I'll ever take the risk of swinging at a man or anyone else. I think it was due to protective instinct towards my younger sister but it happened too fast.

If he proceeds to it, how long will these charges stayed on my record?

Edited by CarnelianFlower
Art_Critic

If there were no witnesses then it is your word against his..

Personally anybody that resorts to violence and strikes another deserves to have charges filed against them.

Why is it that you felt you should have bloodied his nose ?

It's possible that he will just chalk it up to fate and not call the cops but if he isn't like that then expect to get arrested.

If you do get arrested will you be able to afford an attorney ?

• Author
CarnelianFlower
I was not thinking about anything at that moment. It was pure rage and it was too late when I realized what I've done. It just happened too fast. I couldn't bear anymore the way he treated my sister.

I don't know. Is it expensive?
I was not thinking about anything at that moment. It was pure rage and it was too late when I realized what I've done. It just happened too fast. I couldn't bear anymore the way he treated my sister.

I don't know. Is it expensive?

well, the fact of the matter is, you did what you did. And you shouldn't have - cheating is no excuse. Though it is a morally deplorable activity, it is not illegal (in most places).

Honestly, you didnt murder the guy, and where i'm from the best case scenario is you plead guilty and get a combination of community service/fine/therapy. That's Canada. Worst that can happen is you get some sort of short prison time (but only if it had some truly detrimental effect on his health). It also depends on whether you have any priors.

The fees for a lawyer can really pile up over time, i recommend you get one if this goes to court. You dont have to pay for the best for this kind of case, but dont go for one that has a billboard.

I would recommend a small local firm that has well credentialed practicioners that can bring you through what seems like a pretty open and shut case.

Art_Critic
Obviously you have never been pushed there or know what it is like so why do you even question her about **** you know nothing of?

Anyone is capable of being pushed that far...anyone.

:laugh:....

Art_Critic

Not in my family...no damn way, but yo uwouldn't know anything about it, Art/

:laugh:

You sound like you want to hit me :lmao:

You haven't a clue what I have or haven't dealt with in my life... Eric

If there were no witnesses then it is your word against his..

Personally anybody that resorts to violence and strikes another deserves to have charges filed against them.

It's possible that he will just chalk it up to fate and not call the cops but if he isn't like that then expect to get arrested.

I agree with you bro.

To add, if you go before a judge do not reveal that you have any mental disorders. And a few other things, which is all mostly common sense based, by no means am I PRO on the subject but I can hand you a few tips and some insight:

1. Jail isn't what it's hyped to be, it's not a big deal, it's just another place in my Book. UNLESS we're talking about a high-level prison yard, being punished by a deputy, or you got popped in a sh*it City. Otherwise just expect to feel bored, cold, depressed, (possibly stressed at times), and hungry. Find a distraction, it works. And when you are in Jail long term you find ways to live more comfortable

2. This incident will not ruin your Life, worse it will do is teach you a lesson about having anger and being on a power trip, and will give you some obstacles. Big deal

3. Stop the victim role play, that will only keep you on your knees. Live up responsibly to your actions, which can only help you deal with consequences of your actions. You did what you did intentionally, keep it that way, no regrets allowed either

4. No one is your friend in Jail

5. Reherase the words "I didn't do it" "I don't know nothing". You're innocent until it's proven you aren't, the last thing you will want to do is rat yourself out-- you won't get brownie points for it, you will get a wonderful sentence instead

6. Never change your story

7. Never tell another inmate why you are really in there. Do not lie either. Just don't talk about it at all

8. To avoid looking weak and to avoid looking like you're trying to challenge some one, look at only HALF the face of another inmate

9. Respect the deputies and cooperate

10. No witnesses-- keep it that way, do not tell other people about your incident

11. When another inmate is mad with you VERBALLY, just look downwards and walk away if you can, and continue acting confident. Last thing you want to be is a troublemaker in a place filled with them, unless it has to mean your survival. Also keep in mind when you're in trouble so is the rest of your house and they will NOT be happy with you. Also, you can really jack up your sentencing. However, you can't always avoid altercation, and some times you will need to avoid looking like a sissy

12. Other inmates have there own rules within your own housing unit. Pay attention to them. Do not attempt to break them. You might get warned first, otherwise you will catch a ruthless beat down right quick

13. Stick with your own race

14. Don't believe no one about nothing, even if it's some one who claims they are your friend

15. If another inmate tries to get lesbo on you, then brush her hands off you immediately, be firm, and make it clear you aren't a lesbian. They will most likely be some one you know, but not always,

but it's a basic manipulation to build some ones trust, only to have them screw you over. Never doubt how stone cold ANY person can be

16. Basic common sense and instinct drive: Carry yourself confident, and like you have been to Jail before. Don't act scared and clueless. Keep your head out the CLOUDS, speaking of don't do any drugs in there

17. That guy you bebopped will probably try to press charges on you because he sounds like a complete b*itch. I know his type

18. Just because some one acts nice right away with you in Jail without even knowing you it doesn't mean sh*it and is a sign of manipulation. It doesn't matter if they are your same race or whatever or whoever else

19. If you get probation, the cops will want to see you go back to Jail. Be on your best behavior. Don't take it lightly

20. A EXCELLENT lawyer can be a Life saver, just like when you go out looking for a date- never settle for less

21. The law will treat you like sh*it, don't take it personal, and be tough

That's all i'll say for now, anyway hang tight and relax. You will survive, if you act like a survivor. It's fine that you're a bit nervous about it, even the most

hardened headcases would be deep down inside, dealing with the law isn't fun or happiness, lesson learned.

Just do what I said on #3 and that will greatly help you.

Edited by SxB
collegeguy_24

If he files charges claim self defence. Frankly with his attitude towards people you have plenty of people who can testify about his behavior, and with no witnesses it will be his word against that of several others. In a jury trial you would stand a good shot at winning.

SincereOnlineGuy
I lost it and now this jerk might ruin my future

Lets get back to how he might ruin your future?

Where does that fit in here?