envious of boyfriend's friends and fun

My boyfriend has a business in another state being run by a manager and so has lots of free time. He spends that time taking cello lessons, practicing several hours a day, playing in 3 orchestras, going kayaking, boating, fishing and going to breakfast, lunch and dinner with friends (male friends and couples). He sees me on Wed. night, and Sat. night through Mon. a.m.

I’m a single mom. I work out of my home, usually six days a week. I also am in 2 orchestras and take violin lessons. And that’s it. Lots of times I am so tired I can’t even practice. I rarely go out with friends (because most of my friends are men and I don’t think he’d like that). I don’t boat or kayak or do anything else unless it’s with him, and we do do a lot together.

He is everything a girl wants, truly wonderful. I am blessed and grateful for and to him and feel this is the best relationship of my life. I understand the fact that he’s in a position where he does not have to work whereas I am not. So why do I get so irritated and mouthy and feel like hanging up on him when he calls to report on yet another fun activity he has participated in? More importantly, how can I stop?

Make time for yourself... go out with your friends, even if they are men. If your boyfriend is as wonderful as you think, he shouldn't have a problem with it. Don't spend all of your free time with your boyfriend.

I can relate but not in the same way. I have the same problem in the sense that my bf has a lot of friends and I don't. I have live here for about 5 years and have not made many friends. I have made acquaitances but no one that I could really hang out with. Also, I am struggling with money living paycheck to paycheck and he has money to go and do whatever comes up. He does do a lot of things with me but I can't help but feel jealous of his friendships and financial position. I know it isn't fair to think or feel this way but I don't know how not to.

I guess in your case, try to find some time for yourself as mentioned in the other reply or cherish the time you can spend with your child or children, do some activities with them even if it is just going to the park. Maybe ask your bf for some help financially. I guess that would depend on how long you two have been together. Try to talk to him about how you are feeling.

i dunno, no1 seems to accually like it when their partner goes out without them.

Prolly an instinctual thing, less opportunity to cheat is always better/cut down on the opportunities.