At 32 years old living at home, on child support and recently divorced I seem to be in a rut.

I do have a job with decent pay but the child support and other bills seem to keep me on a short leash. I had to recently get a used car since my old one finally fell apart after 233,000 miles. Yes, I have made some serious changes to my spending habits including food (until I passed out at work last week) so I can try to stay current with bills and yet have gas money to see my son. Painful enough I don’t get to see him everyday but $4 a gallon don’t help one bit neither.

Living at home is probably the best option I can think of at the moment since I can’t afford a place of my own. And because I make over $20k a year government assistance is not an option. I do want to move out mainly to set an example for my kid to show him that living with mommy at 32 is not expected or typical.

Dating has seems to be almost comical. When she realizes that Im divorced, on child support and living at home with my mother, I am an instant outcast. Rejected like the dented can of beans at your local grocery store. Im not too hung up over that anymore because I cant really afford to date anyone anyways.

Has anyone been is a situation similar? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

At 32 years old living at home, on child support and recently divorced I seem to be in a rut.

I do have a job with decent pay but the child support and other bills seem to keep me on a short leash. I had to recently get a used car since my old one finally fell apart after 233,000 miles. Yes, I have made some serious changes to my spending habits including food (until I passed out at work last week) so I can try to stay current with bills and yet have gas money to see my son. Painful enough I don’t get to see him everyday but $4 a gallon don’t help one bit neither.

Living at home is probably the best option I can think of at the moment since I can’t afford a place of my own. And because I make over $20k a year government assistance is not an option. I do want to move out mainly to set an example for my kid to show him that living with mommy at 32 is not expected or typical.

Dating has seems to be almost comical. When she realizes that Im divorced, on child support and living at home with my mother, I am an instant outcast. Rejected like the dented can of beans at your local grocery store. Im not too hung up over that anymore because I cant really afford to date anyone anyways.

Has anyone been is a situation similar? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Omg, you sound exactly like my ex boyfriend, he's in the exact same situtation, exact same age and everything.

My advice would be to get yourself financially healthy. You live at home with your mom, so that should be easy. I don't know if you're in debt, but if you sound just like my ex, you probably are. So create a monthly budget, and get out of debt, don't pay for unessessary expenses. You can make anything work when you have a job, no excuses.

• Author
Omg, you sound exactly like my ex boyfriend, he's in the exact same situtation, exact same age and everything.

My advice would be to get yourself financially healthy. You live at home with your mom, so that should be easy. I don't know if you're in debt, but if you sound just like my ex, you probably are. So create a monthly budget, and get out of debt, don't pay for unessessary expenses. You can make anything work when you have a job, no excuses.

Humm what city do you live in? But yes, I am in debt and currently paying off as much as I can. I do have a budget plan and I know its gonna take a while and I must squeeze a little tighter. Im also managing my time a little better so I wont be so burnt out. I know it must be done and I do know its going to take some time. maybe 3-4 years

Stop saying you are on child support. You’re paying child support big difference. Being on child support makes is sound as if you receive it.

You’re afraid. Don’t be, its times like this when you have to get hungry for the things you want in life. Push past your fear and out of the cage you’ve put yourself in. The best thing you can do for your son is 1) live your life 2) be there for him.

Good luck, you know what to do, so do it!

• Author
Stop saying you are on child support. You’re paying child support big difference. Being on child support makes is sound as if you receive it.

You’re afraid. Don’t be, its times like this when you have to get hungry for the things you want in life. Push past your fear and out of the cage you’ve put yourself in. The best thing you can do for your son is 1) live your life 2) be there for him.

Good luck, you know what to do, so do it!

I do step1 and 2. its just a little frustrating to see ppl move up and you move backwards.