I gave her the silent treatment but think it was best...

So I think tonight was the last time I'll be seeing her. It's been a strange 3 years that I known this person who was really my only companion... and the wrong one. I knew it all along.

I should of never gotten so close but I did cause I was sort of in the dumps about my social life and I'd take anyone who came along. Thought it'd be a fun ride for a month or so and then I wouldn't see her anymore, but.. when I'm lonely.. I'm lonely. And to hear a phone ring, or get an e-mail.. of course I'm going to answer. I'm not going to turn it down.. but I should have.

3 years later.. I can't deal with it anymore. It's wrong for me, for her.. and deep down, I realize I'm leading her on.

But I couldn't say it. I can't admit it.. even though she knows it. But tonight I just sat there, quiet, and then, she left. Think it's finally over, without us even saying a word.

I feel awful but relieved. Hope she moves on.. finds what's good for her.

Hope I do too.

Just wanted to let this out. Because as crappy as I felt staying, I feel a sadness and loss. I hope I did the right thing.

ALonerAgain
So I think tonight was the last time I'll be seeing her. It's been a strange 3 years that I known this person who was really my only companion... and the wrong one. I knew it all along.

I should of never gotten so close but I did cause I was sort of in the dumps about my social life and I'd take anyone who came along. Thought it'd be a fun ride for a month or so and then I wouldn't see her anymore, but.. when I'm lonely.. I'm lonely. And to hear a phone ring, or get an e-mail.. of course I'm going to answer. I'm not going to turn it down.. but I should have.

3 years later.. I can't deal with it anymore. It's wrong for me, for her.. and deep down, I realize I'm leading her on.

But I couldn't say it. I can't admit it.. even though she knows it. But tonight I just sat there, quiet, and then, she left. Think it's finally over, without us even saying a word.

I feel awful but relieved. Hope she moves on.. finds what's good for her.

Hope I do too.

Just wanted to let this out. Because as crappy as I felt staying, I feel a sadness and loss. I hope I did the right thing.

It's so easy to have that 1 person 'there': feeding us with attention; filling us up until we've had our share and then - no more.

Like having a craving for a particular food, we binge on it, all the while knowing this isn't right for us: it isn't healthy, but we can't stop.

Until we get to that tipping point where we feel we'll lose our sanity if we have/take any more.

I've been on both sides. And I can tell you now, with all its pain; loneliness and fear, I'm finally aware and learning to accept my loneliness; my aloneness and trying to rebuild myself emotionally, from the ground up. The foundations are still a bit shaky and I'm still waiting for the cement to dry, but slowly I can see that it's shaping up to be more solid than it was before.

I hope you can be strong enough to do the same.