People Saying They Love Me but no serious relationship, what does it mean?

Alright this one goes out to anybody who knows! Throughout my life Ive noticed that many females say they "Love" me on a daily basis but there is no serious relationship involved. They use the word to the point when it eventually has no meaning. Does this "I love you" mean something else other than the love infactuation? And how about those who use the term but you know very well that they dont mean it? Or because they say it, does that mean that they really actually do "love" me?

Confused Male :confused:

VASH THE STAMPEDE

LOVE used in the place of LIKE???? That could be one thing.

Have you been out with them any time or been intamate??

• Author

Nah man, they just say that they love me...Im like, ok? Ive never got intimate with any of em.

I dont really understand it, maybe its just those females who like to play games?

Ahhhh some women say it to their girlfriends in passing fancy ... some say it as your tapping them ... who knows! If any man figures out women completely, they should publish their theories and make $$$$$. ;)

• Author

So it is as I thought it was, females say it with no meaning when they say it to me? How can a word with such high meaning be easily said with them? Im sure it shows something.

All power to anybody who knows what this means and I think Nostalghia got a good idea with writing a book, Id buy it :)

Purrrfection8

Here here to that...

I can't imagine saying "I love you" to anyone I didn't love... Love is built over time and is a build up of trust, intimacy, a connection, a respect, a friendship etc etc... I can't figure why someone would say this without any of the above...

I can understand that there is a certain recognition when you meet someone who could b your 'soul mate' however are these girls young? Are they aware of the differences between true love and enfatuation?

• Author

Yes they are youthful, within my age group of 16. But I look at things alot differently than an average 16 year old, is it just me or are these girls just saying this to me, and how can they change the meaning of it when they actually do "mean" it when it is said.

Purrrfection8

Hi Dookie,

There's a good chance that they do honestly, truly believe that they love you.

Speaking from my own experience only tho, as I've gotten older n wiser, I can now say that my idea of love in my teens was nothing like it is now, 8 yrs later... But definitely back when I was 15, even 19, I know now, they were 'crushes'... and only experiences on gaining ideas of what love is...

Just take it in your stride, and like the previous posts said, it's all about the action really... Do a google search on the differences between love and enfatuation... Should reveal your friend's heart...

Enjoy the adoration with maturity u lucky fella,

Purrrfection8 :)

• Author

Sure its interesting to hear these females say they "love" me, but when I look at it. I think its sometimes used to bend people to their will. Example:

Leaving: (Not leaving permentally but you know what I mean)

Female Says: "Please Dont Go I love you" (oddly enough this is my ex saying that she was with other friends)

Ive heard that one recently.

I also heard one from 2 friends of my ex girlfriend, they said that they "love" me, I was like "ok". See unlike them I see the recongnition of the word for true meaning not just infatuation. But sadly I could be a hypocrite so I dont know.

But I do agree with what you say, time changes everything and with age it moves along to new levels. But in my current age of 16 I guess this infatuation might as well be love considering that nothing real serious could come of anything, I find that hard to believe with my past experiences with my ex but thats a different story.

Some people use the word "love" casually,

or they could mean it as a friend

or they could mean it as more and are waiting for you to make the first move

I don't know.

I've heard thought that it's hard to love someone who doesn't love himself first.

This is unrelated, but I hope your username isn't indicative of how you feel about yourself, because if so that will come across. Women fall for men who are CONFIDENT sometimes to the point of arrogance.

• Author

Well in my case I think its just being friendly I dont think they have any interest into me, and nor do I have any into them. But the ex girlfriend, indeed I do have interest for her, and shes makin signs that she is interested in me.

And about confidence, my user name has nothing to do with my personality, dookie2004 was something I threw together to become an active member on this website. I think females do want a confident person, to the point of arrogance, I dont think so.

• 3 weeks later...
Purrrfection8

How lucky r u to b loved by so many and so often... I wouldn't give it too much further thought... Put it this way, betta than having exes or friends of exes providing scathing looks and saying "I hate u"...

Enjoy the blessings! That's what they are... Mayb there's a msg in here from higher places letting u know that U R LOVED... Seems a learning experience... Seek the answer within urself on this one because I feel the correct answer lies within ur mind somewhere...

U r loved, that's all that matters...

Heck, I love u too just like I love mankind...

Love and light,

Purrrfection8