darn, I think I blew it

so Friday night I had a second date with a guy I seem to have a lot in common with. We went out and had some wings and beer. The conversation went really well, we seem to agree on a lot of things, religion, politics, music, etc. And we're both sarcastic, so things were easy going and funny.

Then I went to the bathroom, and bummed cigeratte from a guy on my way back. (My date used to smoke, so he didn't have a problem with this). But then the guy I bummed from and his two friends wouldn't let me leave, and kept talking to me. I finally went back to the table after 10 minutes and apologized to my date and he didn't seem to mind.

Then after a while, we both had to go to the bathroom,and I beat him out, and bummed a second smoke from the same guy, so I was standing there when my date came back. The three guys at the table were like "ah, so here's the date, have a seat. blah blah..." so we both sat down with these guys and they bought us another beer and we all chatted and laughed til they had to go.

My date didn't seem to mind, and he was very outgoing and friendly with these guys. They were's that good looking, and certainly not my type. so I don't think he thought I was interested in any of them.

It wasn't that I didn't want to be alone with my date, far from it. We had already paid, and were about the leave anyway, and it seemed like we were both enjoying talking to these strangers, so we stayed.

when we got in the car to leave, I said " that was weird, i don't usually start talking to strange guys, (he had already observed that I was a little reserved) and he laughed and jokingly said he did it all the time. so I thought thinks were fine.

I asked him in, and he came in for a little while, looked through my CDs and DVDs, commenting on them. but he didn't make any moves and I haven't heard from him.

I did leave him a message last night to see if he wanted to go to a local short film screening tonight, but I haven't heard back.

Did I blow it??

i think that was very rude of you actually. its a unwritten rule that you pay attn to your date, not other guys when you are on a date. how the heck would you like it if your date starting chatting with some girls on your date. and could you have held the smoking for later? i find that pretty tasteless of you.

sure, you blew it if it was me being the guy. but it all depends on the guy.

ps, don't smoke in front of a quitter of cig's. It takes a lot to quit! It's a hard habit to break.

ahhhh, smokers and non-smokers should never date...