I think she may like me, what do YOU think?

I met this girl just the saturday before last and we've become fast friends. Well last friday we hung out for a few hours before the homecoming game started, and we had a great conversation. We talked about music, our tastes in humor, where she had moved from, etc. And I picked up on some things she did:

She laughs at even the dumbest of my jokes, which gives me enough confidence to actually make good ones, to which she also laughes her ass off. :p

She offered me a drink of her soda when I couldnt get to a water fountain, and when I tilted my head back to get a drink without putting my mouth on it, she told me it didnt matter to her if I did.

She has also started saying hi to me in the halls at school, and if I pass her without seeing her, she usually stops and says "Well don't even talk to me, why don't you!!!" sarcastically.

It's really weird that I'm so comfortable around her, because usually it takes a while for me to get comfortable around someone new, let alone someone I'd be interested in dating. I'm not sure if she has a boyfriend, but she does hang out with a friend of mine quite a bit, but they don't really act like girlfriend/boyfriend. So tomorrow at school I'm going to ask my friend if their an item.

2SidestoStories

I would say based upon your description, "Yup."

Does this mean the ambiguous gal of 'other thread' fame has been left in the dust of Beatnik's trail? :D

• Author

lol, thats quite possible, but I still want to mend things with her and become friends that ACTUALLY TALK again, lol. If she is mad at me I think I may know why, one of her best guy friends is also a friend of mine, and I was walking with him and some other guys and he kept mentioning things pertaining to me being a pothead, which I havent been for almost 2 years now, and he seemed pretty conviced it was the truth. Well "that girl" doesnt do drugs or drink and so she may think I'm a dirt bag or something, anyway I'm pretty sure she was out of my league from the start. But onfortunatly I had "gotten over her" before, only to have my feelings rush back, but I think this time is for good.

And since I stopped dwelling on her, I became my confident self again, which a few girls seem to have noticed, mainly this new one. I'm good friends with this guy she's always hanging out with, I'm almost positive their not an item, judging from the way they act around each other is not very girlfriend/boyfriend like. So on Monday I'm going to ask my friend if shes single. Wish me luck! :p

PS I like the way you replied 2SidestoStories, I think you and I probably have very similar senses of humor :p

2SidestoStories

humor is a wonderful thing :)

The whole thing about Ms. Ambiguity sounds pretty lame, if you ask me. Frankly, I think that if someone were trying to be my friend, I'd try to hear what they had to say rather than taking some BS that someone else said as absolute fact. That's the unfortunate way of the world, though. I wish I could tell you it gets TONS better once you're out of HS, but at least from my experience, it just gets more and more convoluted.

The great thing about getting out into the college world, though, is that you're exposed to a far greater number of people and thus will be more likely to encounter greater numbers of like-minded folks. You graduate soon, I assume, since you're taking AP classes? "Soon" of course means like May of 2004, but take it from this "old lady": the time FLIES once you get out of the high school realm! ;)

Anyway...back to your sentiments about Ms. Ambiguity and "The New Girl" as I will hereafter refer to them unless you deem them otherwise; I would say to her that if she would rather base her opinions of you on rumors, then you shall have to respectfully bow out of the potential friendship. "The New Girl" however seems genuinely interested in you, so definitely pursue interests in that direction!

Best Wishes, and watch those other layers of hell...quite chilly, if you know what I mean ;)

• Author

Thanks alot. You sound very intelligent and your obviously very observant and have a great attention to detail. So your thoughts mean that much more to me :D

I definitly agree with you when you say the college years expose a person to alot more people, because I live in a small town in which no girls dig me, atleast that I know of. But when I go to my states biggest city, only a 30 minute drive, I get TONS of looks, and cashiers, waitresses, saleswomen, etc flirt with me alot, but I never bother to get any phone numbers or anything because frankly I wouldnt be able to stand a relationship with such distance. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Ms. Ambiguity, I definitly want her in my life, but I no longer feel shes right for me.

PS: And come on! Old Lady??? Not even! And if you don't mind me saying; your quite attractive too ;)

2SidestoStories
You sound very intelligent and your obviously very observant and have a great attention to detail. So your thoughts mean that much more to me

I thank you humbly. :)

Small towns! I think I officially live in the "Biggest Small Town in America" because anyone whom I have met here knows at least one other person that I know. It's creepy in some ways, because the population where I live is about 500,000 people! Granted, I'm not saying I know everyone in this town, and frankly have zero motivation to get to know them all. But you understand the mentality of people who share common interests knowing other people who have those interests, and then the bizarre notion of those people overlapping and so forth...yeah. Being typically verbose! :D

ANYWAY...if you look anything like your avatar it is no wonder you get looks! ;) fanning herself

I have to say, it really impresses me that even though Ms. Ambiguity has treated you in a most disrespectful manner that you still would like to have her in your life. This says one of two things about you: 1) You're a forgiving person who values friendship above stupidity, OR 2) You're auditioning for position of resident Doormat! :D I'm a little of both, myself. Whatever you do decide to do about her, I still wish you the best. You, too, strike me as a rather intelligent fellow, and I trust that you will listen to that nice big heart of yours. It doesn't ever guide you wrong, you know. (That's your head's job!)

PS: And come on! Old Lady??? Not even! And if you don't mind me saying; your quite attractive too

blushing furiously Yeah, not too old. <grin> only 25 actually! ;)

• Author

I have some slight news. Today I was going to ask my friend if she was single, but I didn't see him before school started, so I went to homeroom. Well my friend Jessie happens to be in that class. At first she said "I heard you like someone named Becky", she was refering to Ms. Ambigious but her name is slightly different. She said a friend pointed her out, but he picked out the wrong girl. I explained that he had picked out the wrong girl and told Jessie that I didn't really like Ms. Ambigious anymore. To which she replied, yeah you like ******(new girl). I was surprised she knew because I hadn't told anyone, but she said she could tell I liked her. Well Jessie happens to work with "New Girl" and said that shes single (SCORE! :p) I was looking around for her so we could talk, but I didn't see her anywhere, but I knew she was there because I saw her car.

Yeah small towns are weird, mine is REALLY small, I'm not sure how small, but basically if a rumor starts about you in the morning, most of the town knows by dinner time.

ANYWAY...if you look anything like your avatar it is no wonder you get looks!

LOL actually I DO look quite a bit like my avatar, except my bone structure is slighly wider.

I have to say, it really impresses me that even though Ms. Ambiguity has treated you in a most disrespectful manner that you still would like to have her in your life.

Yeah I am forgiving, but I know when to draw the line. I refuse to be someone's doormat. I also tend not to hold silly grudges, for instance I'm good friends with ALL of my ex-girlfriends. In fact I do not have any enemies that I can think of, and I get along great with everybody.

2SidestoStories
"New Girl" and said that shes single...

Woo hoo! Lucky gal to have YOU interested! LOL

LOL actually I DO look quite a bit like my avatar, except my bone structure is slighly wider.

Egad. fanning myself to prevent falling out of my chair Piercing and all, huh? WHEW

Ahem. Sorry. Back to business!

Yeah I am forgiving, but I know when to draw the line. I refuse to be someone's doormat.

Excellent. It's a horrific habit to fall into, and very easy for those of us who are prone to being "the nice guy/gal."

I also tend not to hold silly grudges, for instance I'm good friends with ALL of my ex-girlfriends. In fact I do not have any enemies that I can think of, and I get along great with everybody.

Again, most impressive. I truly admire your openness and apparent ability to remain very much an individual. Perhaps that's just conjecture on my part, but I can tell you from experience that more people I have known would rather hold grudges and pick fights than try to maintain peace. That being said, there are some fights WORTH fighting, as I have come to find out in my own personal life. That's an incredibly hard lesson for me to take, since I'm very much about "peace" in general.

Are you the sort of guy who is friends with everybody because you're tolerant and open and honest? I'm guessing yes, because of your writing. Again, "New Girl" is darn lucky to have caught your eye!! :D

• Author

LOL nope, no lip piercing...yet(insert sinister laughter)

Thank you for all of your praise, really it means something. :p

I know what you mean when you talk about being the nice guy, I realized a while ago that nice guys truly do finish last, so I sort of instinctivly changed into more of an average guy, but I still maintained my traits of loyalty, honest, and openness. :p And apparently women like that or something (looks around in mock confusion) :p

You were right in guessing that I am tolerant, open, and honest, thats basically what I made up of. :p

Yeah, as unfortunate as it is, sometimes fighting is necessary, but I still try to maintain peace. :p

I've got some awesome news! Last night I won tickets to 2 concerts I was planning on going to anyway! When I get a good enough chance, I'm going to ask "new girl" if she wants to go with me. I went to the drive-in that she works at to get one of their famous mixed drinks (I also may or may not have noticed her car parked there, :p) Well before my stuff came I was messing around with something in my truck, then I noticed her come out the door. She looked at me immediatly then looked away quickly then looked back and acted as if that was the first time she saw me, I waved and she waved kindof clumsily. She also shot me a smile when she went back inside. Then she brought me my drink, making sure to take a sip of it before handing it to me. I made a joke about complaining about her poor servitude and she busted up laughing. She asked me what I was doing there as late as it was, I made another joke and she again busted up laughing, we had a nice short conversation before another employee made note of how long employees were allowed to talk to friends, so she was about to leave to get my change, but I told her to keep it as a tip. So I didn't have a good chance to ask her out then, but I will tomorrow if I see her at school. :p

2SidestoStories
LOL nope, no lip piercing...yet(insert sinister laughter)

Awwww....well okay. I'll just keep fantasizing about the avatar man, then! <evilgrin>

Thank you for all of your praise, really it means something

I'm of the opinion that people don't hear enough good things about themselves, so when I "see" someone doing something nice or something I feel is worthy of praise, I am sure to let them know. It's a good philosophy to follow, in general, and as I've said elsewhere on this board to some degree or another, perhaps what the world needs is a contagious happiness rather than contagious hatred. You know, human chaos theory of some sort: you're having a good day, so you say something nice to somebody (not uninspired, mind you; tell someone she looks nice or someone else that he sounded especially intelligent during that class discussion on _____; from there, whomever you paid a compliment to may feel inclined to go out and say something nice to someone else, and so forth until all the people in Tokyo are hugging in the streets! Okay, so that's far fetched. To say the least. But if you can even make ONE other person's day a little brighter, it's well worth it. At least, I think so! ;) )

average guy, but I still maintained my traits of loyalty, honest, and openness

Gonna have to call you on this one..."Average" implies that you would not go above and beyond what is normal. I would have to say that maintaining honesty, loyalty, and openness are NOT average. There are those out there who might say that the above indicate you're somehow less than average, but hell...DAMN THE MAN! (ahem.) Truly, though, recognize that you've got qualities that are unusual, to say the least, and though you shouldn't let it go to your head, you should absolutely maintain them in the face of whatever adversity you will encounter. Because let me tell you, there are far more people in the world (sadly :( ) who are willing to take advantage of you. The challenge will be to remain true to who you are in spite of it all. I have a funny feeling you may be able to just do that. :)

Last night I won tickets to 2 concerts I was planning on going to anyway!

Excellent. It's always so nice when the planets align just so...oh wait. Planets have nothing to do with phone lines, do they? ;)

Also, smooth moves with the flirting :D This girl DEFINITELY digs you. Also, I had a thought about the religious difference stuff that you mentioned on the other thread...maybe I should go post it there instead, you know, since it's a different subject and all.... :cool:

• Author

OK "average" wasn't the best choice of words. What I really meant was that I learned to stop being the "nice guy" type, and became tons more confident, and stopped the whole "kissing their ass to try to get them to like me" routine. But I never sacrificed my traits of loyalty and honesty.

Yeah a friendly remark can brighten a person's entire day, I speak from personal experience :p.

Thanx for the kudos on the flirting, I never really learned to flirt properly until this last year, and since my dating esteem has improved in leaps and bounds.

how do you flirt properly?... out of curiosity!

jokes? i always make jokes - its almost my defense mechanism.... like i'll just avoid making myself vulnerable by turning everything into a laughing matter :p some people enjoy it, others aren't used to it and so think i'm weird, but generally i think humour is essential to my relationships with other people.

2SidestoStories

Beatnik:

OK "average" wasn't the best choice of words...

Glad you see it MY way! :cool:

What I really meant was that I learned to stop being the "nice guy" type, and became tons more confident...

Can you remember what it was that allowed you to realize your confidence? If so, you should seriously consider writing it down and marketing it!

Just think of all the poor guys out there in the world who suffer confidence issues. It could be like the Beatnik 12 step "You da MAN!" course or something cheesy so that you draw in a huge crowd!

Yeah a friendly remark can brighten a person's entire day, I speak from personal experience

Keep up with it, truly. Perhaps to the point of making it a point to do one selfless deed a day or something, you know? Not just when the spirit moves you, although that's always dandy too. People seem to think you're the nicest person ever when you have tons of good things to say. It's also nice when you have some not so nice things to say that people remember you're not just being a complete jerkoff, you know? :) Balance is oft the key, save for interpersonal relationships, apparently!

subtitled:

how do you flirt properly?... out of curiosity!

I second this question! Oh wise in the ways of "proper" flirtation Beatnik, tell us how it's done! ;) (seriously, I'm curious as to what you'll answer!)

others aren't used to it and so think i'm weird

I relate to this, big time. But it has yet to daunt me. Sometimes humour is a great defense mechanism, because it helps alleviate awkwardness!

but generally i think humour is essential to my relationships with other people.

They say that almost everyone is looking for a partner who has a sense of humour, after all! ;)