what is the best way to deal with someone who has trust issues?

what is the best way to deal with someone who has trust issues?

are they a lost cause or is there a way to break down their barrier?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it all depends on why this person has trust issues. Did something happen that gives them a reason not to trust you? Did you personally do something or are they acting this way b/c they've been hurt in the past? I know that I had a hard time trusting my new boyfriend after I was what I felt to be betrayed by my ex. Luckily, my boyfriend was very understanding and is proving to me that he can be trusted. It's been almost a year and I'm still having a hard time but his has never given me a reason to not trust him. That's a start. Some people don't trust others b/c they have insecure feelings about themselves. I have a friend that overreacts with things that happen with her boyfriend b/c she feels he's too good to be true and just plan worries to much. I think the best thing is to sit down with the person and talk about the trust issues first. That way both people know that it's becoming an issue and both people will know where the other one stands. Then from there you can decide if you are both willing to work together to resolve these trust issues. I don't think there is a list of things that says if you do this, someone will trust you. I think it is just a problem that once it's out in the open takes time between two caring people to resolve. Good luck!

i have found that those who cannot trust very much, cannot be trusted themselves.

i have had my privacy severely violated and sort of cheated on, and the person that did that to me had trust issues.

i on the other hand, couldnt trust that person but moved on, and i am able to trust another person once more.

so i would ask exactly what is going on here?

There was something Tony said on the radio program about "trust" that really made "J" and I giggle because it hit so close to home for both of us.

"Trust is like virginity. Once it's been compromised its hard to get back."

Well...I think it went something like that! :D