You know what's nice? Spending quality time with a friend who gets you

... for all your strengths, weaknesses, quirks and everything in-between. You know those good friends who just know you inside-out. Today I had lunch with a girl friend whom I met in college five years ago. You know those friends who you may not see for a month or two at a time, but whenever y'all eventually get together, you pick up right where you last left off?

That's me and her. I love this girl. Today we shared a 3 hour lunch. Talking about relationships and all kinds of stuff. Didn't even feel like 3 hours. I told her about the whole thing going on between me and my latest lady interest -- and how things blew over, how they are now, and my friend had a lot of good stuff to share with me. She pulled on previous relationships she had, including the present boyfriend.

You gotta love friends who just know you really well, with whom you share a good history and with whom you just re-connect like nothing when you meet up again. We all have those friends. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

My old best friend is like that too. We known each other 20+ years now, don't see each other too often, but whenever we do, it's like riding a f'n bike again. Love those friendships. They just lift you up, can share honestly with you areas where you need to improve as well, but ultimately, they just lift your spirits up.

For you, who is that friend?

I just second everything you said. I have a few friends like that and they are really precious. The title of your thread just said it all.