What is love? and how do you know when you're "in love"?

Can anyone tell me? It's a very basic question, I know, but it'd be interesting to hear people's views

Wow. I'm afraid I don't have a single description for love at least not one that I can define in one post. However, I'll go ahead and describe to you what I think love is.

To me, love is like seeing an endless supply of ice cream. Your body knows what ice cream is, but yet, is unsure as to how this ice cream will taste. Once you get a taste of this wonderful delight, your body starts to yearn for it more, and your heart swells for that sweet flavor. Eventually, you have enough ice cream to fulfill you. And then you are happy. The happiest that you have ever been your entire life.

To me, this is the best way that I can describe to you what love is.

To me love is unconditional. It's when you have enough courage to show your lover all aspects of yourself and they love you despite your flaws. It's acceptance...

That's my basic definition of love but it goes much deeper. The feeling that goes along with it is undescribable. If you are questioning whether you are in love or not, then you're not. You'll definitely know when it hits you. When I first told my boyfriend I loved him, it was just a spontaneous reaction. I hadn't really thought about whether I loved him or not. It just came out.

To me, love is when you are completely fulfilled and comfortable with the person that you are with. Like they say, you feel no pride, love does not hurt, etc. Love is just an all- fulfilling feeling, like you never want to let that person go and that that person fills a part of you that you never knew needed filling. These other posters have put their definitions well...i agree with them

I personally like how the bible puts it.

Love is patient, love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs,

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preseveres.

Love is different to everyone. Of course we all feel it or see it as a different kinds of emotions or whatever. I think it's one of those it's in the eyes of the beholder kinda thing. It's a part of life I wish everyone can feel just once, cause it will change you.... LOVE SOMEONE and let someone love you in return. It's the most wonderful feeling ever. Good question. :love: - Anna