I have a little crush on my therapist

Today I had councelling and was the first time I saw my therapist after a month cause he's been on vacation.He has gotten really sexy over a month.He has a moustache and I like it on him.Yea,I have a little crush on him! Not just cause of his moustache,but his personality I like too.

I want to ask him if he has any kids but I dont know how to ask.When Im at councelling we talk about some of the things that are bothering me, but I just would like to know a little more about him but dont know if its appropriate.I know I cant have him cause Im taken and hes taken cause he has a ring on his finger.

But I admit,I do find him very attractive,his looks and personality.

Patty

Keep things between you and your counsellor strictly business. If you develop a crush on him or just start admiring him as anybody other than your therapist, he will lose his effectiveness and you won't get any good out of your sessions. If you are admiring other men, it might be time to examine your current relationship more closely.

Remember, keep your relationship with your therapist strictly professional in every respect.

Patty....

At certain points we all find people of authority attractive. There are strict rules in the medical "world" about dating patients. Stuff like that can get REALLY ugly. I am sure he is very attractive, inside and out. However, you are there for a purpose, and that is what you need to focus on...you, and only you.

I had a crush on a teacher when I was in High School ( he had a thing for me too), I cannot imagine the sh*t that could have gone down had we acted on it! Now we are just really good friends!

You seem to like to write, why don't you just include him into your writings. That may be a good way to get those "feelings" out of your system.

-Haley

• Author

Tony,I think my bf needs to examine the relationship more closely.He was at the shopping mall with another girl that time I ran in to him.I dont understand,I guess.The last time we were out he was checking the girls at the shopping mall out.

Patty

Well, then you ought to go check out the guys at the shopping mall....and not at your therapist's office. Leave your doctor alone!!!

• Author
Well, then you ought to go check out the guys at the shopping mall....and not at your therapist's office. Leave your doctor alone!!!

What do you mean leave my doctor alone? I dont think Ive done anything wrong.Unless if having a crush on a therapist is considered wrong.I think its ok long as i dont say anything.

Patty

have you ever heard of this? look it up, its interesting. its a normal event that somtimes happens when you share other intimacies with someone in a position of power. they actually warn teachers to watch out for cross-transference in late high school or university.

Many therapists love to have sex with their clients. A recent NASW Study found that almost 1/3 of all psychotherapists in the state of Texas have had sex with at least one of their clients during their career. Although illegal in many states, most of them get away with it.

There is also something called counter transference which is when a shrink falls in love with a client, and has sex with them.

Just to let you know, if you have sex with your shirnk, you have not done anything wrong, but your shrink would have done something wrong, because he has professional ethics to follow, however clients are not held to ethical standards.