Do women like their men to have chest hair and armpit hair?

I'm in my teens, and my hair is starting to grow places. Do women like their men to have chest hair and armpit hair? Should I shave this hair off?

This is another question for the FAQ!

hotstuph, 'women' are not identical. Some like hair, some don't. I happen to be one of the ones who does - a LOT.

Wait until you have a girlfriend and then you can discuss if she'd like you to shave or not. Until then, be who you are and how you are - after all, wouldn't it be nice if someone was attracted to you exactly as you are?

By the way, unless something in fashion has changed recently, men don't shave their armpits ever. Maybe swimmers do but it used to be thought of as something only women did. I don't think that's changed but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

my_mother's_daughter

Well, moimeme, i have to tell you that where I live it's not uncommon for men to shave their pits (and other places for that matter) It always makes me giggle when I hear the old belief that European women don't shave their body hair, when I know that not only women but many European men do. Maybe it's a recent thing, and I do believe the motivation for the guys I know is related to hygiene and is not particularly aesthetical.

But your advice is on the button, no point trying to please someone regarding the hair vs no hair debate, cos you can't please every woman (and especially not on this subject!!!) so asking the specific person what they like is the best option.

Well as for my opinion -

Armpit hair is expected for a man....don't shave that or people might think you are gay. Seriously dude, leave the armpit hair.

As for the chest hair - I, for one, prefer a smooth chest, but some women like hairy chests.

As stated above, all women are different and when making a decision like this, it's best to go with what YOU think looks best on you. If you like your chest hair, then keep it. If not, then shave it.

my_mother's_daughter

Because, what, all homosexual men shave their armpits? What?? Armpit hair is expected?? Making sweeping statements contradicts the tone of this message..

HokeyReligions

I agree w/ Nurse Jaime's opinion on armpit hair. I don't know of any men, except my friends who dress in drag, who shave their armpits. Some swimmers or professional athletes in sports like track & gymnastics I have noticed that they shave - but at the beach the majority of men do not shave their armpits.

My husband and I talked about it once because, personally, I don't like armpit hair but he said that it was a "sign of manhood" and something young men look forward to and are proud of. The same with chest hair - he wishes he had more than three hairs on his chest!

Be yourself.

my_mother's_daughter

Now that you mention it most of the guys here I know who shave their pits are really into sports/bodybuilding. Maybe that's the connection.... I guess I'm just closeted socially!!!

Most people think it's kinda gay to shave your armpit hair. But, really, I don't see what's the big deal. Men would propably smell better if they didn't have hair for all their smelly sweat to stick to. I'm sure deodorant would work better if men shaved their armpits.

Could be the guys there are following a different style, mmd - often Europe is ahead of North America in this regard.

my_mother's_daughter

Thank god!! I was starting to think I lived in Babylon!! :)

longlegzs80

Only hair your should be concerned about shaving is your pubic patch. Or trim it, but make sure it looks nice and neat. Other then that, shaving chest hair and armpit hair for a guy could probubly get annoying, and you would have to shave for nice smoothness, everyday. So, stick to the pubic area.

legz - pubic patch defuzzing is no more necessary than any other. If his lady likes him as he is, he doesn't need to remove a strand.

You're a teenager...let nature takes its course. Don't start shaving anything yet, unless someone you're crazy about specifically requests it and you WANT to do it.