moongoddess

Can these be considered stalking?

* Calling someone too many times after a fight, in an effort to get back together.

* E-mailing them under disguise to get information about them? (example, to see if they are a pedophile or not)

* Calling someone after they've said they don't want to talk?

these days, stalking basically has to be someone threatening another's life.

i have had someone steal my passwords and impersonate me on the internet, as well as load a keylogger onto my computer without my knowledge. i had spoken to authorities to get more info on this because i felt unsafe in a way, and they said they could do nothing about it.

so unless hes calling you many, many times a night when you wish him not to or tell him not to, or he is threatening your life, you basically have to pass it off. its sad that someone can make you feel so unsafe but you cant do anything unless he takes it too far.

just ask him not to and cut communication with him.

moongoddess

It's not him, it's me. He pathetically wants me to think stalking him because it implies I WANT him, and he's much older than I am.

All I did was email or leave messages, first in anger at something he did and then to make up for the mean comments I said in anger, and also to try to get back together with him.

I don't t hink that's stalking. A male friend of mine used to call to often, and I didn't consider it stalking, just desperate and needy.

it's not stalking compared to all the other things out there it isn't i think he might just be saying that so you'll get scared off and leave him alone......

moongoddess

I'm the one who broke up with him, and he was trying to get nude photos of me. Also, he never said not to call. He can't do this and then claim that I'm phone stalking him.

my dear, you must get a grip and regain your self-respect. i'm not sure what's happening here, but i'm certain that it is not healthy. cut off all contact with this man, immediately, and do not for any reason contact him again. you deserve better from a man and you deserve better from yourself. no one ever seems to tell young girls that they should simply expect more, and if they are not getting it, leave and do not look back.

moongoddess

Thank you for your comments.

I need to correct my original post: he never even said not to call anymore, never said he didn't want to talk.

I agree it's unhealthy.

I took Latin in college and wasn't very good on the subject. What does the Latin phrase mean translated?

Cynthia

hey,

o! i mean don't contact him for your sake - who cares what he wants or does not want? it sounds like he may not be able to provide you any closure or satisfaction, so why bother with him at all?

xox j

the phrase is just a goofy quotation that (facetiously) suggests learning latin will lead to a glamourous career.