Do you guys think there is a difference between luv and love? Or is the only difference being the spelling? I was just wondering other peoples opinions are, I always write love, my boyfreind almost always writes luv. So I was just wondering what other peoples ideas are in the difference :)

Well, I dont want to start something between you and your man, but to me, i would say they arent too much different. luv would be a more friendly laid back, less "serious" way of writing it. and love, well, i guess it just means what it means.

well, this is just my opinion. but, when you say "luv & love", to me....hm, well let me put it this way.

this is just my way of seeing it now.....

i think there's a difference between loving someone, and being INlove with someone.

you say your bf uses "luv". and you use "love".

if someone wrote just 'luv', i'd relate that to just loving someone, where as writing 'love', i'd relate to being INlove, you see what i mean? lol i may just be a bit odd but, that's how i see it. i mean if it bothers you that much, might as well talk to him about it. it's nothing to get upset about tho. i'm sure he loves you, or else he wouldn't even write luv hehe.

:)

• Author

nope, not going to start anything between us. he usually only does it when he jots out a quick note, like today he sent me a copy of a resume so I can do one, and he wrote luv instead of love, but when he writes me cards or soemthing, he writes love. So Im not overanalyzing:) just wanna know what everyone else thinks of the differences between the two

• Author

It means he doesnt like me and wants to break up huh? If it was something as trivial as that, I dont htink we would be celebrating an anniversary in two weeks, thanks Gray. Youre a whole hell of a lot of help. And why am I silly? What makes me silly huh? Please explain that, I would like to know

Originally posted by niko1999

It means he doesnt like me and wants to break up huh?

No, that was a joke. I'm sure he likes you very much and never wants to break up with you.

And why am I silly? What makes me silly huh? Please explain that, I would like to know

Initially you were silly because you took very seriously the difference between writing "love" and "luv". And the fact that you stated you weren't overanalyzing it, when by definition you were. Now I think you're silly, because you have no sense of humor.

Annnnd now that I've had to explain myself the humor has been sucked right out of this thread, I might actually DISLIK you. That spelling is up for you to decide.

My girlfriend once wrote me a note and signed it "lov", I almost punched her in the face.* ** *** ****

* - My girlfriend has never sent me a note signed "lov". Thats the foundation of the joke.

** - The joke itself comes when i overreact to a still endearing term, by getting angry.

*** - The punchline comes when my anger is manifested in violence towards the antagonist of the joke.

**** - The idea that I would punch my girlfriend (or anyone for that matter) makes the joke that much more absurd.

I recommend all further posts with any sort of humor in them, be forced to breakdown and describe the intended humor. Thank you.

• Author

Im sorry, I just diddnt see the humor behind it is all. I wasnt taking seriously the difference between love and luv, I was just curious as to other peoples veiw points is all. That was my fault for taking it the wrong way, sometimes, and I am sure you will agree with me, that to read something as opposed to HEAR something, can be taken in a completley different context, as is what happened in this circumstance. It has gotten me in trouble many times before unfortunatley. I see how it was a joke. I would still like to know if you think there is any difference besides spelling(though you DISLIK me :laugh: ), between love and luv, becuase I have discovered recently that mens perspectives of things are QUITE often very different than the perspective of a girls point of view:)

I don't dislike or dislik ya, I hardly know ya, just making a point in my own twisted way. :)

If I got a nice fancy card for an anniversary I would expect to see proper spelling and nice grammer. In any other time (email, note) I don't think i'd even notice. Actually I'd prolly rag on her for not spelling it correctly when its only one letter.

(BTW with the silly thing, I actually thought you were doing the "How am I funny?" scene from Goodfellas)

o! giggles! i'd love to write a book entitled "men who cannot commit to proper spelling/non-phonetic vowels and the women who luv 'em"