When did you know??

Out of curiosity, I wanted to know people's experiences on when they knew they had met "the one".

At what point did you say to yourself, "Oh my God, this person is the one for me." The moment where it all clicked and just fell into place...

i was making love to my EX of 2 years and i said to myself "this is my soul mate"...............then a few years later......he wasnt the one anymore.

i wish you and i both luck i would love to meet the one...

DIANA!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING LURKING HERE!!!

Leikela, you look just like my older sister (but not older, hee hee), with the long and pretty brown hair and the smile! it's a sweet picture ...

how did I know? Especially when I felt Mr. Right had just left my life? Richard (my husband) felt like a sure thing. I trusted him from the get-go, I loved him as a friend from the moment we met, and when I thought of my future, he was the one I saw sitting in a rocker with me on the front porch of my house. Mind you, we've had our rocky moments and I've wanted to just pinch his head off, but even then I knew he was "the one" I'm supposed to be with. I can't imagine going through some of the trials we had with anyone else -- I'd have thrown the towel in a long, long time ago with another man.

I knew my husband was the one when I realized that every decision that I made, I thought of him first. And I also knew he was the one when I couldn't imagine my life without him being in it.

But the one time when I REALLY knew this was it was when we broke up for a little while and stayed broke up for about 2 months...I don't know why, I was just going through a funk....and those two months were the lonliest, most miserable months of my life, I knew that my life wasn't complete unless I had him.

We got married on May 31 and now my life is complete for now. Next step is children....I can't wait!!! :D

• Author

Quankanne,

Thanks for the kind words about my pic. So I look like your older sister Diane, huh? Cool! I guess it's true that we all have a twin somewhere else in this world! :D Thanks for your input on your husband. That's how I feel about my current boyfriend.

Nurse Jamie, I'm glad you finally realized that your life just wasn't the same without your husband. I hope you guys have a great married life together!

Jalexy, sorry to hear that your Ex wasn't the one. You'll find him!

Here's my story on how I knew my boyfriend was "the one". From the moment I met him, I knew there was something special about him. We were "instant" friends and like Quankanne said, I loved him as a friend the moment I met him.

Our relationship progressed slowly and since I had a boyfriend at the time, I didn't let my heart run away with my feelings. However, the time that I KNEW he was the one was one particular Sunday morning when I was eating breakfast at my boyfriend at the time's house. His Mom was talking to me and I was spacing out, looking out their window into their backyard and thinking about my current boyfriend. I missed him so much and longed to be with him. That's when I knew.

Shortly after, I broke it off with my boyfriend to be with him. I have never been happier. Noone has ever made me feel this way and I cannot picture my future without him. We're just ONE. I love him with all my heart. :love:

HokeyReligions

It’s funny. I was going to college (for the 2nd time) and working part-time as one of those pesky survey-takers in the malls – you know those people who walk around with clipboards and try to get you to talk to them! (Actually, that was great for dating because I could ask all sorts of questions: married, divorced, kids, what do you do for a living, what is your income bracket – you know, all those necessary questions)

Anyway, I was working in the back conducting surveys when one of the screeners brought John back to me. He fit the qualifications of my survey (which was on answering machines – something new back then and not very many people had them)

After he sat down I could just “feel” something in the air. I flirted, and so did he. After the interview he asked if I would like to go for coffee with him after work. So we decided to meet at a nearby Denny’s.

We sat there talking for over five hours. He walked me to my car, I opened the door so it would be between us, and we kissed. He had asked for my phone number in the restaurant and I knew he would call me back. I never had any doubts.

Well, at that time my mother and I had joined our financial forces (since I was in school now and only working part-time) and we shared an apartment. When I got home she was watching TV. She asked me how the date was and I very nonchalantly said “oh, if I ever decide to get married it will be to him” and then I went to bed.

It wasn’t skyrockets and wild passion, the whole thing was just so matter-of-fact. From that first date on neither of us dated anyone else. We didn’t agree to go steady – it just happened to be that way. We dated for two years before we actually got married.

I had a minor stroke some years ago and have lost some of my memories. I have absolutely no memory of the actual marriage proposal, but John tells me that he asked me once when we were in the mall where we met and I told him he wasn’t sincere enough and to shut up until he really meant it. A few months later apparently he asked me again and I said “sure”.

There isn’t a romantic bone in my body! :D