to go or not to go...

I've been in doubt about this for like a week, so please gimme an opinion.

My ex (the one I start missing whenever I'm down & post here about him) is organizing a bday party for our common friend - it's not really a party though, just a bunch of people agreeing to go to a certain club on a certain day.

I got an invitation from the friend whose Bday it is. Then, I got a forward from another common friend - also inviting me to it, but in the fwd i saw that my ex had emailed a bunch of people about it, but not me. This got my attention b/c about a month ago he organized something similar, and he did email me about it (i didn't reply & didn't show up though).

Anyway - a bunch of people I know will be there, incl. the ex. The question is - should I go? I know it'll be fun, but I also know I may get uncomfortable b/c of the damn ex, especially if he shows up with a date, but I suppose I can just leave if that happens.

Or should I avoid putting myself in an awkward situation altogether? I know a lot of common friends will be watching me closely, b/c the ex, as well as another guy who asked me out right before i got back together with the ex a while ago, will be there ... I wish I could show up with a date myself, but I'm not dating anyone. I'll likely get picked up once I get there, though :p

any comments?

thanks,

-yes

Go, be happy, have a great time and look forward to meeting somebody nice. Say hello to the ex but pay him no more attention than that.

I don't know why people make such a deal of this. You date somebody and it doesn't work out. That's OK!!! Actually, it's great. It's much better to break up with someone you are incompatible with than to marry them and have a miserable life. So all this guy represents is one guy you went out with and found out was wrong for you. That doesn't make him bad or poison or anything. It just means he was wrong for you.

You pass dozens of guys everyday who are wrong for you but will never get the chance to prove it. So you were kind enough to give this guy a chance to prove it.

So move on, let go of the past, and be happy that you didn't marry him. As a matter of fact, while the others are celebrating your friend's birthday, secretly celebrate the fact that you aren't with this guy anymore. It'll be your own secret and you'll have a great time celebrating riddance of the butthole...right there in front of him.

Hahahahahahaha!!!

• Author

aah, Tony. You're right, AGAIN! Of course I'll go. I'll think of you whenever the ex begins to bother me :p

-yes