My boyfriend and I have been together for two years now. Recently moved in with one another. About a year and a half ago we were casually talking to one another and some how in conversation he told me my sister was prettier than me. He tries to make up for it, but never has said "i'm sorry she is not prettier than you". What do I do? I can't get this out of my head. I never want to attend family functions because I am so insecure about it and very competitive and it has since made my relationship with my sister disappear.

I feel like it is bringing me down and i can't forget it. any suggestions?

SincereOnlineGuy
My boyfriend and I have been together for two years now. Recently moved in with one another. About a year and a half ago we were casually talking to one another and some how in conversation he told me my sister was prettier than me. He tries to make up for it, but never has said "i'm sorry she is not prettier than you". What do I do? I can't get this out of my head. I never want to attend family functions because I am so insecure about it and very competitive and it has since made my relationship with my sister disappear.

I feel like it is bringing me down and i can't forget it. any suggestions?

It was a dumb thing for him to DO, BUT it would be similarly stupid for him to respond as you suggested here. None of us would believe that anymore, so why would you believe it?

Aside from that, why on earth are you taking this out on your sister, (and on your family)???

If you have been together for two years, you just need to STOP making this so important to your life. For sure you need to stop making it so important that your sister is (probably) prettier than you. Some sister in every multi-girl family ends up with that title, but in most cases it is a subjective thing.

Your boyfriend said a stupid thing... and you cannot rewind the tape and change that, NOR should you go all Heidi Montag in response.

Figure out what your attributes are and go back to a time when you were emphasizing those (be they intellectual or physical).

Most of the change here needs to originate from you, as what is done is done, in other areas.

Good luck.