Friends girlfriend

Well my friend and his girlfriend have been going out for a few months and i have liked her for several years. she has said she thought of breaking up with him in order to go out with me but that would destroy my friend and probably my friendship with him. but i think me and his girlfriend belong together. she and i just want to be together and no one get hurt. can this happen?

Only go after her if you don't care that your friendship will end or be permanently altered.

This isn't some woman he dated years ago that he is indifferent to. Feelings don't exist in a vacuum. Your friend is going to perceive this as a betrayal of your friendship, especially when he discovers that you and his girlfriend were already laying the groundwork behind his back. Possibly you will get what you want, but if you don't see her actions as a indicator of future behavior....

Whatever your decision, you have to accept all of the expected and unexpected consequences of your actions.

No. Not for a long long time.. like they break up (and not in a nasty way) and afew years go by, he moves on by seeing/dating others, as does she and you as well.

If you two are meant to be together, it'll happen the right way..NOT by her ending it and you two sneaking off together. That will not work out in anyone's favour, and everyone will get hurt and lose 'someone'.