Unpleasant Conversation With Ex

i want to tell my ex-boyfriend that a conversation we had about love tonight stirred up some sad emotions in me. we were just talking about love and relationships in general, and how hard they can be and how people get hurt.

i want to tell him that talking to him about this kind of stuff is not easy for me. do you think he will think i still have feelings for him? do you think it will sound bad?

he broke up with me 4 months ago. i still have feelings for him, but i haven't conveyed this to him in a long time and i don't want to mess up our friendship. normally we talk about anything and everything, so it was weird for me that i had such a strong negative reaction. i do think he might still have feelings for me, but i don't really know.

I think it's really hard to be in contact and be friends with an ex, especially after a break up. Maybe distance yourself from him, let yourself grieve the loss of the relationship, heal.. Then possibly in the future, a casual friendship can happen. Right now, your feelings are getting hurt, you still love/want him, have hopes of getting back together.

Just be honest and talk to him, find out where his head is these days. If he isn't interested in getting back together as a couple, then ask him to respect your need for distance so you can heal properly.