I have two roommates. The Guy has lived with me for more than three years now, the Girl has lived here for only six months. The Guy and Girl are now dating, wasn't the situation when I moved everyone in.

It's my house. I own it. They pay half the mortgage. They pay for two bed rooms and use them both plus the main bathroom, living room, most of the kitchen, and a shed in the backyard.

I've put up with a lot of mess from both of them and said very little. My problem is that I am now getting very concerned with the mess and crap they leave in my house and the amount of space they take up. I feel like I'm being an a**hole if I say anything now, because I've waited so long. I want my house back I want it to be somewhat tidy and clean. I feel that I am being unfair if I say anything to them now, since it's been so long. It seems to me that I should have laid down the law a long time ago. How do i go about fixing this?

The only advice I have got so far boarders on passive-aggressive and I won't do that. I have problems confronting people on any level and I want to do it as diplomatic as possible. I'm not good at confrontation, I always feel like I come off way to aggressive or way too passive, but I want my house back.