does he love me romantically, or just as a friend?

Ive been with him for about a year. We live together. He has a daughter and that means his ex is actively a part of his life. I've grown to be okay with that, even though in the beginning he cheated on me with her.

I have a lot of issues. And not the ton of issues your normal person has. I have no family, and my only role model for most of my life was a drugged up control freak.

I'm the perfect girlfriend when I'm happy. I'll give everything I've got and not care if it's returned or not, as long as I'm still happy.

but the downside of that is when I'm not happy, I become destructive toward myself and whoever is making me feel unhappy.

I haven't felt like he wants me in months. Like he really wants to be in this with me. or that I'm the one he adores.

I half wonder if it's my fault. if because I'm unhappy, he doesn't love this side of me. He treats me like I'm his buddy. He'll play around and tease me, but he will never praise me. He doesn't tell me I'm pretty anymore. I always say I love you first. I always have to cuddle up next to him in bed, or it doesn't happen.

Everyday I ask if he loves me as a friend or if it's romantically

and he tells me it's romantically

I want to be who I was when I met him, but how can I be if I can't be happy as long as he doesn't show me he loves and cares about me?

I don't know what to do.

Take yourself away from him. Move out, let him miss you. Staying there isnt going to fix the situation, especially since you bring it up to him all the time.