Im still in love and someone wants to date me

I have been asked to go out with this person many times. We went out one night and had a blast!

But I cant stop thinking about the man that I love. My heart is with this man and how do you get over it to where you can go out and have a good time with out thinking about him?

Can it happen? and how do you do it?

Yes, it does happen but it takes time. The very best thing that can happen is you can go out with somebody who flips you out and forces you to forget your old flame.

Don't worry about this. When you feel you are ready, start dating around. Don't let anybody pressure you. Have fun...nothing serious for a while..

Time is the best healer in these cases. And when it's time and you meet somebody who inspires you, your ex will be a distant blip on your radar screen. Right now, you aren't ready to let go because insufficient time has passed. Some people take a lot longer to get over past loves than others. It also depends a lot on the intensity of the previous relationship, the duration, the reason for the break up and other factors.

There should always be some down time for healing after a break up before we get out on the dating scene again. Maybe you haven't yet had yourself enough time to grieve. Take the time you need.

Be patient with yourself. The process has to run its course...and it will. You'll be fine.

PS: That angry bear thing that doesn't seem to want to show up. Do you want that as your avatar...over to the left next to your username? If so, let me know and I'll put it there. It's sort of weird dangling as a link. Tell me where you want it to appear. Thanks!

Tony thank you so much for the advice:)

Some times I just think that im fine and im ready but when it comes down to time to get out and go let my hair down then things just seem to keep me from doing it like remembering things.

I guess that I thought that I was ready when I really wasnt...

I guess it was really harder on me then I thought it was going to be.

Its been since christmas but I guess the heart has no time limit on healing.

I liked the bear and thought that I could get it by my name if you dont mind:)

Thank you again, you always have good advice:)