I hate mystery. SAY WHAT YOU MEAN!

Is it just me or do girls enjoy guys wanting them even though they have no intention of being any more than friends? They lead you on again and again and say things that friends shouldn't say to each other, usually under the influence.

Are women so insecure that they need to be reassured that they are capable of getting guys other than their boyfriends? Don't they realise how damaging this can be to the guy they are stringing along.

Just when I get over the idea that the girl has a thing for me, she draws me back in by saying something along the lines of "if things were different, we would be perfect for eachother" or "i find im really not attracted to my boyfriend at the moment". Is this code for "you should make a move"???

It sickens me, yet she has me around her little finger. I'm not sure anyone can really help me here, I guess I have myself to blame as well. But this is the third girl I've noticed that does this! Why are girls so mysterious, make your intentions clear!!!

Was there a question in there? or was that all rhetorical?

All can say if you were looking for information and not just having a general rant is don't, generalize ALL girls aren't one way or the other - you just have to learn to identify the non-flirty, stringing along, playing with your head kind, okay.

They are the sensible, hold a decent conversation about anything kind. The ones that don't have a boyfriend and another for the weekends. They are available or clearly not and only flirt with their fellas - they know appropriate and inappropriate behavior, not just with the opposite sex, they have good jugdement with their friends, they respect their parents, they don't have noisy 'bust ups' with the colleagues or teachers. They are not insecure, silly, vicious or needy. You'll find them in the library (no, not looking at the pictures, reading), at the movies with a group of friends (not giggling stupidly all the way through), at school, with their hands up (no not up some boys shirt, answering the teachers question), at work (no, not rushing in perpetually late and not carrying on torrid illegitimate online affairs), on the street walking with their pretty heads held high.

They are still women, so they will still be somewhat of a mystery to you, but they will be a delightful interesting pleasant fascinating mystery, not a source of frustration pain and grief mystery.

In short - you are just hanging out with the wrong type of girls. So, if you don't like it, change the type of girl and you'll change the experiences you have.

EnigmaXOXO

:) I don't think this is a "gender" issue, rather one based on individual "maturity."

If you are meeting too many "girls" who play this game, than you need to be more selective about who you choose to spend time with. Don't participate in the head games if you don't want to be victimized by them. Unwrap yourself from her finger and grow a spine! Believe me, quality women will find this trait much more appealing. ;)

• Author

I expected such replies. And as I said I know it's just as much my fault for letting them do this to me. I was just a little angry at the time when I wrote that.

I guess the truth is, which I keep denying is that I really do want this girl, more than anything and it makes it so hard when she makes as if she feels the same way and then doesn't carry it through. I agree with the maturity issue... maybe when she grows up a little things will be different.

At times when this isn't a problem we still make great friends, I guess I need to be a little more mature too and not let something like this ruin a perfectly good friendship.

Ladybug313

Hey PulseNZ not every girl is like that, and I can see why you must be annoyed, since you LIKE the girl and all. But I can bet that if you ever come across one of those "sensible" ladies Reckless wrote about, you'll forget you were ever wrapped around this gal's finger~:) That's how I see it. Keep your mind open and look around. There are really wonderful people out there who won't play those games and in time you'll spot the teasers from the serious ones. It's up to you which type of ladies you want to be around, because I know guys who enjoy the games as much as the girls who play them. It sounds like you are not one of those. good luck.