Is anyone faithful anymore?

I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just wonder why it seems everyday people in this world become more and more unfaithful. It seems almost every post I read someone either cheated on someone or they got cheated. I've also always thought men were less trustworthy than women, but now I'm thinking maybe they are about the same. I also don't understand why some people if they DO ever get cheated on they still want their ex back. If they do it once, they are more than likely to do it again, and you're just putting yourself through more pain. So what do you think, are men more less trusting than women, the other way around, or about the same?

I think they are about the same, but don't take this board as being representative of the entire population, the vast majority of happily married people aren't here complaining about their relationships. What you have here is a much higher percentage of people that are having relationship problems, that's why a lot of them are here.

• Author
I think they are about the same, but don't take this board as being representative of the entire population, the vast majority of happily married people aren't here complaining about their relationships. What you have here is a much higher percentage of people that are having relationship problems, that's why a lot of them are here.

Ya I know I'm just saying in general not necessarily just on this board, that I'm hearing of more and more people cheating, having affairs, etc..even on TV and movies, it just makes me sick.

I dont have facts to back it up but I agree in today's relationships,there is much more cheating,walk outs,divorce,me,me,me.It's all around us.Even if one is married,there's a lot of wrong doing going on behind closed doors.It really and truly sucks so bad for us people who want or wanted a life long partnership with one partner.The worst part from my perspective is the fact there isn't any real way to guarantee a like minded individual.One minute your in an assumed relationship with a life long partner and the next their gone.Yea sure someday you will find Love again but that isn't what you wanted is it.It's like a trading partner orgy out there.

Very very few people are faithful these days. Love between men and women is pretty much dead in the modern world.

I don't think the numbers have changed, just the fact that more people talk about cheating, whether it's to exorcise pain, puzzle over their situation or – heaven forbid – brag about it.

on the other hand, who really wants to hear about relationships that work? People don't care about successful marriages in which the couple is devoted to each other ... they want the dirt, which is simply human nature seeking those things that titillate, thrill or gross out.