LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

So Tiger Woods crashed his car because he cheated and had a fight with his wife?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2009, 8:43 PM   #1
Established Member

So Tiger Woods crashed his car because he cheated and had a fight with his wife?

Read this article first.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/12/02...ves/index.html

If you read deeper, the article gives clues about the psychology behind a lot of the people involved.

What I find the most interesting is this:

"The fear of infidelity or the possibility of infidelity can be extremely stressful," Ortiz said. "The wives would say, 'We have no control over him when he is away from home.' "

I think this is part of the reason many women (not all) can't see that their husbands are cheating when the evidence is in their face. Security is such an important factor for women in relationships, some women will automatically block out information that causes them to worry and feel insecure.
BookerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 9:08 PM   #2
Established Member

I just don't understand why people are surprised that he would cheat
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:15 PM   #3
Established Member

I'm not surprised, I was just curious with the psychology behind the wives of famous sports stars etc.

So many people cheat anyway.

But I think the thing with Tiger is because he's seen as so clean and a role model. It's different if someone that's got a bad rep and image cheats.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:39 PM   #4
Established Member

beats me who'd want to associate him in any way (much less romantically!) - the dude surely is rich, but he's as close to a vegetable as I've seen in a looooong time.
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
beats me who'd want to associate him in any way (much less romantically!) - the dude surely is rich, but he's as close to a vegetable as I've seen in a looooong time.
I don't get what you mean. You mean he's got a boring persona?
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:06 PM   #6

I can't say I have much sympathy for the wife. She obviously married Tiger Woods for his money and fame, not his 'good looks' or charming personality.
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:24 PM   #7
Established Member

This is my bottom line: I NEVER feel sorry for anyone with money about ANYTHING that happens to them. All the rest of us face the exact same problems, except we don't have all that money to comfort us...Cry me a river, you rich spoiled celebrities who have done nothing to earn that much money. It is not like they cure cancer or create world peace but they get money and adoration like they do!
dazzle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:30 PM   #8
Established Member

I just think people should mind their own business. Who cares what he or anyone else does behind closed doors. I hate it when people expect celebrities to be role models for their children. Parents should be role models for their own kids; afterall they are the ones who decided to have them. Parents should teach their children not to idolize people.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:34 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
I just think people should mind their own business. Who cares what he or anyone else does behind closed doors. I hate it when people expect celebrities to be role models for their children. Parents should be role models for their own kids; afterall they are the ones who decided to have them. Parents should teach their children not to idolize people.
I very much agree. All they owe the public is a good performance if you ask me. Some of my favorites did worse stuff than Tiger Woods.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:47 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzle22 View Post
This is my bottom line: I NEVER feel sorry for anyone with money about ANYTHING that happens to them. All the rest of us face the exact same problems, except we don't have all that money to comfort us...Cry me a river, you rich spoiled celebrities who have done nothing to earn that much money. It is not like they cure cancer or create world peace but they get money and adoration like they do!
People shouldn't watch sports then. The atheletes actually work damn hard to get where they are. I think they deserve the money more than greedy bankers.
Old 3rd December 2009, 1:05 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
No, I disagree. While the above is true up to a point, the very fact that you are a public figure of any kind comes with the responsibility of being a good example for the mere mortals. A version of the "with power comer responsibility", if you will. It is absolutely not true that you can do whatever you want as long as you have money (and if you do do it, then you deserve the resentment and ridicule that are coming your way).
Old 3rd December 2009, 1:08 AM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzle22 View Post
Yeah, I laughed out loud when I read that Nicholas Cage has money problems - poor thing bought a tad too many rolls-royces and castles .
Old 3rd December 2009, 1:26 AM   #13
Established Member

Haha my dad said all that hanging out with Michael Jordan (aka Mr. Serial cheater himself) got to Tiger and he started to think like his newfound best bud
Old 3rd December 2009, 1:55 AM   #14
Established Member

He hit a fire hydrant and a tree... guess he couldn't decide between an iron or wood w/o his caddy
Old 3rd December 2009, 2:19 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Yeah, I laughed out loud when I read that Nicholas Cage has money problems - poor thing bought a tad too many rolls-royces and castles .
Actually, many, many wealthy people have debt problems that are proportionate to those of "the little guy". I have a friend who makes half a million a year, and he told me that with his custom home on the lake, boat, fully equipped studio, etc., he's in plenty of debt. He says he could get out of it pretty quickly if he wanted to, but he is carrying considerable debt. Many celebs making tons of money are also in debt. Those 10 multi-million-dollar houses around the world add up fast. It's pretty much human nature to overspend, no matter how much you earn.
Ruby Slippers is offline   Reply With Quote