Babyfather Drama

YOU ASK: "WHEN THE FATHER SAYS THAT HE LOVES YOU BUT NEED SPACE WHAT SHOULD YOU DO"

Give him space. If after communication or counselling he needs even more space, take him to court and have him awarded all the space he wants...and you all the assets you want.

MY QUESTION TO YOU: Why do many women pick the dorks they do to be the father of their children???

• 4 weeks later...
HokeyReligions

Men (people in general) like to have some space and time to themselves. It doesn't mean they DON'T love you.

They might just need some time to think about things that seem silly to us, but is comfortable for them. Sometimes a little space is needed to escape from the stresses and pressures of the day so that they can come back refreshed and able to better cope. I sure do sometimes.

I used to take it very personal when my husband said he needed space. I found out that it is NOT personal at all -- he just needed some time to himself, and by giving him that and not being upset or resentful of it, he came back happier, more rested emotionally, and more able to focus on me and my emotional needs, and he appreciated my support - just as I appreciate his support when I need some time and space for myself.

Sometimes we all need a break from the daily routine - including kids, but that has nothing to do with love or commitment.

There is a great section on this in the book Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus. I know that may sound trite, but when we read it together it opened our eyes and it was like "OH! Is THAT what you mean?" or "Do YOU feel like that too?" and it helped both of us understand each other better.

I know that space may not be what you want at the time but things will only get worse if you persue unwanted mess.

Good luck girl!

dascandalousone
Originally posted by quankanne

because love is blind

Really? I always thought love was blinding.