Confused - strange feelings over past

This might sound a bit strange, but any insight would be much appreciated.

A couple of years ago I was in a relationship with someone that didn't much care to settle down. This wasn't an issue -- neither did I. We enjoyed each others' company and were fairly close even if he wasn't really affectionate. All was well until I discovered he had something going with a woman that was twice his age. We ended it shortly thereafter, but then he also ended it with the other woman, saying that he had no wish to develop strong attachments to anyone. He's always been the more solitary type, so I at least understood. I shrugged and moved on, later developing a relationship with someone that had been a friend for four years at the time. We've been together a year and a half, and despite issues now and then are happy together and planning to share the future.

Today I discovered that my former boyfriend is back with the older woman, and for some reason this somewhat depressed (or disappointed?) me and made me feel odd. It shouldn't. I wasn't terribly broken up over the end of the relationship; we parted on decent terms, and I am much happier in my current relationship than I ever was in the last one and would not give it up for anything... so why am I feeling this way? I really have no feelings left for him, and I never did see us spending life together. Is it just general disappointment over not being the one 'chosen?' I'm better off for it, I know that much. It *was* my first serious relationship, could that have something to do with it? Or am I just strange to feel this way? Thoughts, please!

Thanks.

Arnwan

No particular insight to impart but it's very normal to feel this way for a short while. It doesn't last long and then you move on. Don't worry about these feelings...they are very short lived.