I want to start to live life, but don't even know where to start...

Quick background: Fat kid growing up, still really self conscious about body, and haven't had a friend since I was like 14 (now 23) No relationships whatsoever, loner, had case of SAD, etc. etc. I really don't know how to even have friends, the few times in college like I got past talking and actually was asked to hang out or something, gave some excuse. I'm just scared that they'll realize I have no idea what I"m doing and consider me a loser since I'm 23 and haven't had these experiences. On girls, like if I found the girl of my dreams, and God himself told me this girl loves you and doesn't care about your faults, I probably still wouldn't take my shirt off and would be embarrassed that I'm 23 years old and never been kissed to give you an idea of how self conscious I am.

Basically I've wasted my entire life and want to start living, thing is I want to do everything at once and I don't know where to start, two major concerns right now are my job and body. I am self employed and have had a rough year with my job, basically want to put a little more work into it to catch up a little to at least where I was at this point last year (it's doable), but I am ok money wise as is since I live at home.

Then there is body, always had trouble with loose skin, someone recently recommended crossfit for me and found a gym. Was going to start this week but unfortunately there is orientation class you have to attend before starting, it is once a week and has been canceled because of 4th of July this week, so have to wait another week.

I also have relatives coming from out of the country in September for a month so have to be home then.

But basically I want to A) Start to travel, problem is I have no-one to travel with, and the fact I'm a homebody will be scared I will go someplace and basically just stick in hotel or something.

B) move out of parents house and into NYC, love going there, basically can do whatever you want, but with my social skills afraid my apartment will basically turn into a prison cell.

So basically right now my plan is job + body still September, when my cousin comes in who is very outgoing and basically shows me around in my own state of residence (LOL yeah I'm that bad) But the thing is I had the same plan for June, and my job + body fell by wayside and I'm still here, so just scared I'll do it again....

Then with traveling, I dont' want to have to pay 2k+ in rent a month while traveling so I guess that should come first, but then I want to move out ASAP and hopefully before Xmas, so once again don't know.

From what I've read online those crossfit gyms kind of become closeknit groups (Which I usually hate) so maybe that will open me up a little. I don't know.

But yeah, I really hate that I didn't open up sooner in college as this would of been a hell of a lot easier. Always see people say how hard it is to make friends after school so Imagine if you have none and don't have any experience and don't even know where to start :(

griffinchicken53

i'm in a similar state. i had some health issues, i'm a bit older.

i almost feel i'm telling this to myself but here goes with some advice.

i feel as though you are looking at trying to do "TOO MUCH" at one time. the job stuff is important, so is your health. never heard of gyms that require orientation. not sure where you live but there might be other gyms to go to. you may have already paid money and can't get out of it.

you are rushing things, trying to make up for lost time. i plan things out on paper, and it makes it seem harder than it is.

start small. you want to travel, doesn't have to be a faroff trip. not sure of your interests, but make a day trip, go to a zoo, museum. even a local landmark. get to feel comfortable. i don't want to travel by myself, and right now i'm a bit fiancially stressed to do alot. so i'm trying to use this time to get things in order, get some bills paid, get in shape so when i have time to get out i won't be so self conscious and can interact with people better.

it won't be easy. it is going to be a difficult. you can't "beat yourself up" cuz you didn't open up in college. that will only put you off starting now. i can't really talk cuz i'm at the start of trying to better myself. you want to change, and improve and that is the first step. it is a start. hopefully others can add to this.