Do many girls like hairy guys?

OK I am growing a beard but several of my female friends have said not to because girls hate kissing hairy guys. Is this the position of most women or just my friends?

I plan on growing and trimming my beard to look like Jason Lee's in the movie "Chasing Amy" For those of you have no ideal who I am talking about I have provided a link to a picture.

http://www.accesswave.ca/~jasonlee/chaseamyagraf.jpg

• Author

Oh by the way, what do women in general think about goatees?

[color=indigo]

Hi Beatnik,

I think facial hair is a matter of preference when it comes to women. Personally, I don't like the amount of facial hair in the link that you sent. I do however like Go-T's, but not the whole beard thing. That is just my preference though and some girls may go wild for a beard! Maybe some other girls on this board will reply with their preference too so you can get a better idea. Good luck!

[/color]

My ex use to have one but I never liked it much.It kind of gets in the way.I dont like goatees either.A moustache is ok.

Patty

Imagine you are intimate with a girl and her skin is like sandpaper on your skin.

My experience is that women love a smooth face, it has many advantages when you are intimate.

I love men who are cleanshaven. I CAN'T STAND mustaches. I don't mind goaties or the look you sent in the link, but my overall preference is clean shaven.

HokeyReligions

Everybody is different - I have never found facial hair attractive. Actually, I think the whole bald look is stunning. Yul Brenner & Arnold Vosloo -- YUMMY!

For those youngsters out there: Yul Brenner was Ramses in the 10 Commandments, and the King in The King & I, and a western figure in West World, and in the Magnificent 7 (and on and on) and Arnold was Imhotep the mummy in The Mummy.

But I still think you should grow it. Do it for yourself - if you don't like it you can always shave it off and I know there are women out there who DO like facial hair.

I love manly men...there's something really sexy about feeling a rough hand on my soft skin...or facial hair...mmmmm

Just A Girl2

Yep, it is a matter of personal preference, totally. I, for instance, can't STAND a beard on a guy. Maybe when I'm 55 I'll like it (but maybe not)....but for now, I think a beard on a guy makes him look old.....like a professor, or grizzly adams...and it's not a turn-on at all. I'm also not into big moustaches, either. I think they're nothing but germ/bacteria collectors lol. Like if the guy is eating something and food gets into it.....and he's not that 'clean'....yuck.

I do like a reallllly closely trimmed goatee and moustache.....VERY closely trimmed. That I think is sexy.

THat pic you posted, of Jason Lee...see a beard like that somehow reminds me also of a woman's overgrown bush lol (that cracks me up).

And yep, kissing a guy with lots of facial hair..that can really irritate the skin on my face. I don't dig that. Plus (and I'll admit, I've never seriously dated a guy with a big 'stache or beard), if a guy was performing oral on me, with all that......I think it would tickle, or be irritating, and he'd likely look like one of those guys in the 'milk commercials' after he was done..which would crack me up/gross me out.

Just my input....

JustAGirl2, your comments about a mustache being a bacteria/germ collector reminded me about what people call it when the guy has just a patch of hair on his chin: A flavour saver.

Just A Girl2

And what the hell is WITH that patch of hair on the chin? Ugh. It just looks so silly to me. About as silly, to me, as guys who still wear ponytails (I'd love to grab a pair of scissors and give them a trim). There's an actual 'name' for that little patch of fur on the chin, but I can't remember it..do you know? I find it distracting.....like if I was talking to a guy who had one, I'd have trouble making eye contact because I'd be too busy being distracted by that small furball attached to his chin LOL

But sometime after I turned 21, I just found it sexy. Not a real big beard or anything, but that 5:00 shadow...or goatee...and I LOVE that patch of hair. OMG and Jason Lee is SO sexy...LMAO See...this goes to show you that its all about personal preferences.

as long as they are groomed, facial hair is okay -- no scraggly stuff, please! Also, guys, when you get grandpa age and tufts of hair starts popping out of your ears, PLEASE take the time to remove the stuff. I don't think any woman wants to encounter that!

Goatees are sexy :) Nummy nummy!!

My man had a goatee when I met him and it was never a problem. It was facial hair that had grown out so it was soft (I agree stuble can be annoying). Now he has a beard and it hasn't changed my view of his 'face'.

I still like him :) Although I didn't fall for him because he had a goatee, so don't bother so much about your looks. Women don't like vain men, well the keepers anyway

That little splotch of hair just under the bottom lip is a 'soul patch'.

It's a question of neatness - a neatly-trimmed beard and/or moustache really catches my eye. Several of my beaux have grown facial hair and I loved it every time - then again, all were meticulous about using napkins at dinner, etc.

Now goatees are another matter - just by themselves, I think they look stupid. Attached to a moustache, they can look nifty.

• 4 months later...
sweetnblonde307

My boyfriend is very sexy, his head is clean shaven, and has a very sexy mustache-I love mustaches.

jessicakicksbut

I hate facial hair, but then again I used to date a guy who would alternate between clean shaven, beard, and goatee. I have extremely soft skin, so any amount of hair would hurt me. If you want a girl with really soft skin, don't grow the goatee/beard!!

zoecharlene

I really enjoy a man with facial hair. That's my favorite thing to feel when my man is going down. Just the touch of his stubble on my thigh can make me cum.

EnigmaXOXO

No body hair for me. I like to see a guy's muscle tone. But I've always had an attraction to men with long hair on their heads. But NO mullets!! :eek:

• 4 months later...

a man with a well groomed thin mustache and a well groomed goatee is sexy. Now them mustaches that hang over the lip three inches suck they are like really fat and you cant see the lips at all yuck. I love the lips alot :p