what do you do when you realize

that you don't care if you have a loving relationship ever again?

i've never really had a great relationship. at the time, sometimes i thought that they were.

i just can bear another broken heart. the last guy i liked turned out to be a freakin' monster. he tried (still is) to take over my life. he tries to manipulate EVERYTHING in my life. it's so obvious when it happens that it is so pathetic that he thinks i'm that stupid. if he tries to mess up something in my life (like break my a/c unit) he'll make sure that someone i contact in my day just "coincidently" has the same problem...so i don't think it's him. but i know it is him. another example of his manipulation...trying to get me into a job that he would prefer i have...and trying arrange a "fateful" encounter so that i, again, don't think it's him.

these are the kinds of freaks i attract. they always seem somewhat normal at first. and then the crazy stuff starts happening. this guy has to be the worst of all the control freaks i know.

so...since it never works out...i'd rather just go at life alone. not the scenario i wish i could have, but anything is better than being with another bozo.

I am in your position too, butterflyz. I have been out with so many jerks that it just doesn't seem worth the effort any more. I really don't think that being alone is the worst thing that can happen - being in an unhappy relationship or being a divorcee is much worse. Don't shut yourself off from guys completely, just be more cautious about who you become emotionally involved with. I have been having casual relationship for a few years now because I don't feel ready to get a boyfriend and be hurt again, and I have to say the freedom is great! I wish you luck, you're not alone!

He's PSYCHO. Maybe you should consider having a restraining order put out against him...I'm being for real that's some VERY bizarre stuff.

The guy is a jerk. I agree with Ally; get a restraining order.

You are hurting but it will pass. No one deserves the kind of treatment you got. You have to care that a loving relationship will come your way, though. There is some very beautiful advice you've posted so far. These words make a difference in people's lifes. If a guy doesn't see you for the angel you are and doesn't treat you like that, he's not worth your effort.

This will likely not make up for all the thank you's you're owed, but I thank you anyway.

• Author

i appreciate the kind words - i'm struggling to get to a state of calm in my life. all i really want is peace right now. i don't need the emotional rollercoaster ride of any kind of relationship. i just want to be left alone. i've lost my faith in others.

i understand now why people like "the weakest link" and shows where others get degraded. i've been so publicly degraded this year and people are getting off on it. i've seen so much cruelty. i think i'll stick with my furry and feathered friends.

i want to be able to go out and not wonder who's watching for him or even by him. i'm not the type that likes to be the center of attention - i don't need that type of ego stroking.

i've always been a little different than my peers. and usually i like hanging out with people older than me. i'm tired of being different and standing out like a sore thumb. i just want to blend in so i can be normal like everyone else.

have a nice weekend.

• Author

i tried recently to go to counseling, but the idiot who has decided to take control of my life managed to get the counselor to break her ethics of confidentiality. so....i guess money talks and i just have my self to turn to. i can't trust anyone to not snoop for him anymore. for some strange reason, the entire town has decided that what he's doing to me is okay.

i really don't care what he does or doesn't do. once i stop caring, i stop caring. there are no "i'm sorry" that can make up what he did to me. one day (maybe a few months from now) he'll try to reenter my life. at that time i will say "no" once again. hopefully he'll get the message at that time and then i'll have some peace in my life.

once this guy leaves my life, all will be better. i don't care that he has more money than god, i don't want someone in my life that is that controlling.

TURN THEM INTO THE BOARD OF ETHICS!!! Have her license removed! That is COMPLETELY unacceptable.

• 1 month later...

i DON'T MEAN TO SOUND MEAN BUT YOU HAVE THE VICTIM ROLE DOWN PAT HONEY. PEOPLE TREAT YOU LIKE YOU LET THEM AND YOUR AS SICK AS YOUR RELATIONSHIPS AND I CAN SEE WHATS GOING ON BECAUSE I'VE BEEN WHERE YOU ARE. uNTIL YOU START OWNING WHATS YOURS YOU'LL ALWAYS ATTRACT LOSERS. iF THIS MADE YOU ANGRY TRY AND USE IT FOR GOOD INSTEAD OF BECOMING A VICTIM WITH IT. HERE IF I CAN HELP LYNN