How Tell If Co-Worker Is Interested?

Hi all,

Looking for someone to magically channel into this situation and tell me what's going on.

Inexplicably one day, I found myself very attracted to one of my co-workers. We just had an amazing conversation and I went from not thinking he was attractive to developing the biggest crush on him. (I use crush playfully - I'm 30-something years old.)

I kind of sensed he felt something, too, because he came into my office (and in front of another colleague) said, "I think I need to have your cell phone number." I gave it to him and then he said, "And you need to have mine."

I thought - OK, he's interested. However, he's never called me. That was about six months ago.

Since then, the relationship has progressed in small ways. When I talked about joining a gym, he told me to check his gym out and even got me a pass. We've been out socially with other people about three times in these six months and he always offers to get me a drink - but he doesn't ask any other girls who are out with us, at least not that I noticed.

At work, we've had some (what I consider personal conversations - about our general health, overall family talk, nothing too intense) ... usually I initiate them but a few times he's mentioned ex-girlfriends to me out of the blue.

He's a more quiet, reserved person but yet I feel like he's slowing letting me in. However, it seems if I make the slightest step forward (sending him a text message) - he doesn't respond. He is a self-proclaimed control freak. So maybe that scares him away?

The other piece of the puzzle is my marriage ended this year. I don't know if this guy knows this or not (a mutual friend of ours does, but insists he hasn't told him). Obviously, if he thinks I'm married ... he would stay away, right? Of course, I wouldn't want him if he were coming after me if he thought I were married.

What do I do? Can anyone tell by what I posted here if he's interested or not?

Thanks!

you're reading too much into things. the guy you describe sounds a bit like myself when i'm at the office and around colleagues. yes he does sound friendly and wants to get to know you better, but that doesn't mean he wants to date.

The Collector
The other piece of the puzzle is my marriage ended this year. I don't know if this guy knows this or not (a mutual friend of ours does, but insists he hasn't told him). Obviously, if he thinks I'm married ... he would stay away, right? Of course, I wouldn't want him if he were coming after me if he thought I were married.

He is possibly interested but thinks your married. Let him know you're available and see what happens.