Once again I made a bonehead move and I desperately need help. I know that no matter how this plays out, it won't be good, I just need advice on how to minimize the damage. The other day, I got a call from an old girlfriend of mine named Tracy. She's now married and asked me about a video I had made when we were going out. It is a video I made of her dancing with no cloths on. It was one of those crazy nights that she and I had at my apartment that now she regrets and wants the video back. She said she would die if her husband knew I had a nude video of her. I told her no problem, I'd get it back to her and that she had nothing to worry about. However there is a problem. Though the video was supposed to be for my eyes only, I recently lent it out to a buddy of mine who knew Tracy and really wanted to see her naked. He promised no one else would see it, but when I told him I needed it back, he said he showed it at a bachelor party and some one at the party stole it. He said a number of the guys at the party also knew Tracy and really enjoyed it. Any one of them could have taken it. In retrospect, I should never have told my buddy about the revealing video. I certainly didn't mean for it to become public domain. What should I tell Tracy?

Any advice will help.

Don

You need to tell your married ex exactly what you have told us and let her figure out how to deal with it. She deserves to know just how widespread the distribution of this is. She may choose preemptive action by telling her guy about this tape...because, I guarantee, he will soon hear about it from one of the classless guys who viewed it...or someone he told about it.

Just be truthful. You have nothing to lose. Your ex is half responsible for the tape because she participated in it's production.

The best thing about this is it will remind her exactly why she broke up with you and she'll be very glad she didn't marry you.

I really don't think it will take a great deal of detective work to get the tape back. Offer a reward to your group of friends. If they are really your friends, the tape will show up at your doorstep soon. If they aren't, you'll probably see the tape on your local cable access station very soon.

Good luck on this one!!!