does one follow with head or heart?

in matters of the heart does one follow with their head or their heart when they are in conflict with each other? how does one make a decision when in such a deliemma? how on earth would one choose between the two?

YOU ASK:

1. "in matters of the heart does one follow with their head or their heart when they are in conflict with each other?"

That is a very tough question because it really depends on the situation. For example, if you love somebody dearly but they are abusive and treat you without respect, you have to follow your head. If you love somebody dearly who is struggling financially but really working hard to pull themselves out, I think you go with your heart.

Knowing which to go with is often a very difficult choice. I think the reason we live as long as we do is so we can learn exactly when when to go with our heads and when to go with our hearts.

2. "how does one make a decision when in such a deliemma? how on earth would one choose between the two?"

Albert Einstein developed the theory of relativity and is hailed as one of the greatest scientists and mathematicians who ever lived. Even he couldn't figure that out.

The best you can do is meditate on what will be best for you in the longrun. There are many factors that can wear love down over a period of time. If such a factor exists in the equation, let your head make the decisions.

Good luck...and please ask more simple questions next time you post.

in matters of the heart does one follow with their head or their heart when they are in conflict with each other? how does one make a decision when in such a deliemma? how on earth would one choose between the two?

okay here is maybe an easier question then, what about if you follow your head but it breaks your heart and the other persons heart as well, how does one deal with that? too much pain can bring you running back to the person just to rid away the pain. the heart is ever so powerful but as long as the conflict resides in either your live will be a constant struggle, is there a way to find peace within in a situation like this?

time heals!

try to follow your head, and stick to it for, say, 2-3 months. if after that time, your heart still tells you to go back for sure, listen to it.

thats my usual strategy ...

good luck!

-yes

okay here is maybe an easier question then, what about if you follow your head but it breaks your heart and the other persons heart as well, how does one deal with that? too much pain can bring you running back to the person just to rid away the pain. the heart is ever so powerful but as long as the conflict resides in either your live will be a constant struggle, is there a way to find peace within in a situation like this?

by then the one you want to come to may no longer be available then what? you have to go through life kicking yourself and always wondering if you made the right decision. sure time heals but sometimes it just cant heal fast enough.

time heals! try to follow your head, and stick to it for, say, 2-3 months. if after that time, your heart still tells you to go back for sure, listen to it. thats my usual strategy ... good luck! -yes

umm i believe that if u'r right for each other, s/he'll still be possible to get back later on.

i mean - u're having so much doubt about staying w/ him/her. you'll keep having these doubts... so doing nothing isn't an option.

get away from the person.

personally, i think that when head n heart go in opposite directions, heart mostly means attachment. because when u love the person, even your head will always be FOR them, not against them.

why dont u give more detail about your situation> lots of smart n experienced ppl on this forum - they could give u advice...

by then the one you want to come to may no longer be available then what? you have to go through life kicking yourself and always wondering if you made the right decision. sure time heals but sometimes it just cant heal fast enough.