What are the signs of a liar?

If he tells you something and he can't look directly into your eyes or if he looks at the ground or elsewhere and if he is really hesitant in talking about the issue.These are sure signs of a LIAR

1. "Is there a way to tell if a man is lying to you?"

Yes, his zipper is either up or down.

2. "If he tells a little lie once is he bound to do it again?"

Yes

There is almost nobody in the entire world who doesn't tell a fib now and then. Some do it not to hurt people's feelings, some do it to cover up blunders, some do it so they won't be caught at something, etc. Even the people who pride themselves with being truthful are NOT always so.

I think most honorable men will be truthful about major things that count...or maybe they will bend things a little but be mostly truthful.

Lying by concealment is the most popular form of deception, though. That's when a person lies by NOT telling you something rather than outright telling an untruth.

The looking you in the eye thing is one way of detecting a lie but it's not foolproof. To date, there is no 100 percent effective way of telling if someone is lying...except to check things out for yourself.

No more than a lying female.

It depends upon whether the person is a pathalogical liar, someone who can lie to you with a striaght face.

If they are one, you'll never know from looking at 'em.

If they are not, then you might be able to tell.

Verify any story you do not believe.

Well what do you think he lied about?

Of course he can lie again.

Do you lie? do you enjoy it?

Is there a way to tell if a man is lying to you? If he tells a little lie once is he bound to do it again?

A slick liar can go for months without getting caught. Eventually they trip over their own lies and if you love them, you will turn your head to the obvious. They receive phone calls they don't answer in front of you, tell you about friends that don't exist, (and you never meet them), and are outgoing and very friendly. They take a truth and stretch it to cover their tracks. If you are not a liar and are not used to liars you will believe them for a while until they trip. Now, not all liars fit this profile, but I had a boyfriend that did this. I later found out that his next girlfriend after 4 months discovered ONE lie and kicked him to the curb, not for what he was lying about, but because of the LIE. She was smart, I lasted way too long with him. I always told my friends that I couldn't trust him as far as I can throw him, but I couldn't catch him lying. I finally caught him when I snooped in his email. I called the woman up, and she didn't know about me either!

I was devasted and destroyed for about a year. I couldn't sleep, or eat and would "zone" out at times. I finally got over it and have not let another liar near me!

Men usually lie about themselves--they try to look better than they actually are (how much they make, what they own, where they've been). Women lies usually try to cover up their feelings so as to not hurt someone else. They'll tell you they like your hair when they don't (silly example but that's all I could think of). Of course their are pathological liars that are of either gender.

There is a book called something like "How can I tell when my boyfriend is a liar"--not quite the title, but something to that effect. It has some good tidbits of information in it. I recommend that you buy it.

WHAT TYPE OF BEHAVIOR DOES THIS MAN EXHIBIT? Why do you think he is lying to you?

Is there a way to tell if a man is lying to you? If he tells a little lie once is he bound to do it again?

This man truly believed that lying by omission was NOT lying. A real liar doesn't believe he's doing anything wrong, because it's just a lie--he's not killing or stealing anything.

Good luck with this one!

A slick liar can go for months without getting caught. Eventually they trip over their own lies and if you love them, you will turn your head to the obvious. They receive phone calls they don't answer in front of you, tell you about friends that don't exist, (and you never meet them), and are outgoing and very friendly. They take a truth and stretch it to cover their tracks. If you are not a liar and are not used to liars you will believe them for a while until they trip. Now, not all liars fit this profile, but I had a boyfriend that did this. I later found out that his next girlfriend after 4 months discovered ONE lie and kicked him to the curb, not for what he was lying about, but because of the LIE. She was smart, I lasted way too long with him. I always told my friends that I couldn't trust him as far as I can throw him, but I couldn't catch him lying. I finally caught him when I snooped in his email. I called the woman up, and she didn't know about me either! I was devasted and destroyed for about a year. I couldn't sleep, or eat and would "zone" out at times. I finally got over it and have not let another liar near me! Men usually lie about themselves--they try to look better than they actually are (how much they make, what they own, where they've been). Women lies usually try to cover up their feelings so as to not hurt someone else. They'll tell you they like your hair when they don't (silly example but that's all I could think of). Of course their are pathological liars that are of either gender.

There is a book called something like "How can I tell when my boyfriend is a liar"--not quite the title, but something to that effect. It has some good tidbits of information in it. I recommend that you buy it. WHAT TYPE OF BEHAVIOR DOES THIS MAN EXHIBIT? Why do you think he is lying to you?

A lie is an untruth...anything that is told with the intention of deceiving or misleading.

Now, can you label a person a liar because they have told a few untruths in their lives anymore than you can label a person a thief because he took a writing pen at school?

We've in an age when we must all beware and listen carefully. Even the President of the United States can lie to the entire country...at few times. "I did NOT have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky."

Was the president at that time a liar? We know he told a lie but most of what he said was true. So what's the measure of a true liar?

And when you omit critical information intentionally, that's just as much a lie as if you told an untruth right out. Deception is deception.

i actually know a guy who is a compulsive liar. he is a fantastic liar in the sense he can keep an unbelievably straight face and look a person in the eye as he lies.

this guy knows he's doing wrong - he just doesn't care. as his 'condition' would suggest, it is a compulsion for him. it is a problem. he has being lying since he was a child.

he is also one of these people who's exterior oozes confidence, but it's obvious to me he is very insecure.

lying is quite often a symptom of something a lot deeper than just being a dishonest person.

once the cycle of lying and distrust is in full swing, it is difficult to find a single way in which the cycle may be stopped. people who lie, have many people who distrust them. conversely, the liar becomes more unruly and dishonest.

it's quite sad, really.

I have never, ever told a lie in all my life...not one single time. I have never, ever ever told anybody anything that wasn't true. Never, ever, ever.

If I were a bold-faced liar, you would be reading this in bold faced type, right? That's right!

So why is my nose always rubbing against my computer screen and turning red? Cause I have a bad cold, of course!

A lie is a lie. Yes, the president lied, and he is a liar. Absolutely, a lie is an untruth, anything that is told with the intention of deceiving or misleading is a lie. Where do you totally disagree? Isn't this what I said? Did you misread my post? Children taking a writing pen at school are in the process of learning... children make mistakes - they should not be labeled liars if they stop it--adults that withold the truth are LYING, they know what they are doing-- maybe they are sorry afterwards (and we are all allowed to be human) but they must admit that they are lying in order to move on to a more dignified life. What's wrong Tony? Your post made no sense.

A lie is an untruth...anything that is told with the intention of deceiving or misleading.

Now, can you label a person a liar because they have told a few untruths in their lives anymore than you can label a person a thief because he took a writing pen at school? We've in an age when we must all beware and listen carefully. Even the President of the United States can lie to the entire country...at few times. "I did NOT have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky." Was the president at that time a liar? We know he told a lie but most of what he said was true. So what's the measure of a true liar? And when you omit critical information intentionally, that's just as much a lie as if you told an untruth right out. Deception is deception.

Yeah, you're right. I guess it was just a brain fart at the time. Somehow, there was something that didn't register with me when I read your post but it looks OK now. Maybe it was the stuff I'm taking for my cold. Sorry.

A lie is a lie. Yes, the president lied, and he is a liar. Absolutely, a lie is an untruth, anything that is told with the intention of deceiving or misleading is a lie. Where do you totally disagree? Isn't this what I said? Did you misread my post? Children taking a writing pen at school are in the process of learning... children make mistakes - they should not be labeled liars if they stop it--adults that withold the truth are LYING, they know what they are doing-- maybe they are sorry afterwards (and we are all allowed to be human) but they must admit that they are lying in order to move on to a more dignified life. What's wrong Tony? Your post made no sense.

Now, can you label a person a liar because they have told a few untruths in their lives anymore than you can label a person a thief because he took a writing pen at school? We've in an age when we must all beware and listen carefully. Even the President of the United States can lie to the entire country...at few times. "I did NOT have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky." Was the president at that time a liar? We know he told a lie but most of what he said was true. So what's the measure of a true liar? And when you omit critical information intentionally, that's just as much a lie as if you told an untruth right out. Deception is deception.