Hey...just wanted to ask a quick question...been seeing this guy for about a year and a half...things have gone up and down. We don't see much of a future because we are different yet we are together for now. Anyways, this guy just bought me a valentine's day present (to make up for screwing up the Christmas present)and he bought me a 14 karat gold necklace and earrings. Is this present to too much based on the relationship? Should I read into this and how can i tell his feelings from this gift?

P.S. in turn i went out and got him a present even though he said i shouldn't....should i have bothered?

why do u stay "together" if u see no future together? does HE see a future for u two? do U?

Hey...just wanted to ask a quick question...been seeing this guy for about a year and a half...things have gone up and down. We don't see much of a future because we are different yet we are together for now. Anyways, this guy just bought me a valentine's day present (to make up for screwing up the Christmas present)and he bought me a 14 karat gold necklace and earrings. Is this present to too much based on the relationship? Should I read into this and how can i tell his feelings from this gift? P.S. in turn i went out and got him a present even though he said i shouldn't....should i have bothered?

If the two of you have been together for a year and a half, this gold necklace was not inappropriate. Just make it absolutely clear to him that you feel nothing will come of this relationship.

You are never obligated to give anybody anything. If you don't feel in your heart like you want to give somebody something, by all means do not do so...no matter what they have given you. A simple thank you is just fine.

A gift given out of a sense of obligation or even reciprosity is no gift at all.

Anytime I recieve a gift from a man, all boxed up in pretty paper & bow. Before I get a chance to open it I smile big, hug his neck and tell him its beautiful, I love it, Thank you so much. Even if it is screwed up like you said, a gift is a gift is a gift.

Im curious to know what the Christmas gift is that you felt he screwed up on. So maybe he felt like the jewelry would satisfy you. And he would be off the hook. I guess the best gift he could have in return is that you be extra nice to him.

Hey...just wanted to ask a quick question...been seeing this guy for about a year and a half...things have gone up and down. We don't see much of a future because we are different yet we are together for now. Anyways, this guy just bought me a valentine's day present (to make up for screwing up the Christmas present)and he bought me a 14 karat gold necklace and earrings. Is this present to too much based on the relationship? Should I read into this and how can i tell his feelings from this gift? P.S. in turn i went out and got him a present even though he said i shouldn't....should i have bothered?

What I meant when I he screwed up the Christmas gift is that he never bought me one at all even though I bought him one...he wanted me to go to the mall with him and pick it out but every time we did we ended up in a fight (he's impatient and I'm indecisive)...

Anytime I recieve a gift from a man, all boxed up in pretty paper & bow. Before I get a chance to open it I smile big, hug his neck and tell him its beautiful, I love it, Thank you so much. Even if it is screwed up like you said, a gift is a gift is a gift. Im curious to know what the Christmas gift is that you felt he screwed up on. So maybe he felt like the jewelry would satisfy you. And he would be off the hook. I guess the best gift he could have in return is that you be extra nice to him.

Why did you fight? I mean, if a guy took me to the mall to pick out something I wanted it would have been wonderful. I have actually been through that. But I would love to do it again.

Whats done is done and he has given you his gift. Now just thank him. You asked should I buy him a gift as well.

Well I think you can show him how appreciative you are just by using your imagination.

What I meant when I he screwed up the Christmas gift is that he never bought me one at all even though I bought him one...he wanted me to go to the mall with him and pick it out but every time we did we ended up in a fight (he's impatient and I'm indecisive)...