I've read stories about many disappointments owing to the fact that the real person is not consistent with the online persona

Any " consistent" experience? I am not talking about 100% consistent. But anyone as good( or bad/funny/evil/sweet) as his/her online image?

Nobody creates an online image and very few actually are responsible for their real life persona.

A person's online persona is solely the perception of the person they are communicating with. People tend to take the very limited data provided to them, whether it's accurate or not, and form an image in their minds of who the other person is and what they are like.

When you rely upon your perception of something or someone you cannot see or talk to, you are relying solely on imagination and not reality. In other words, you are in BIG trouble.

In some cases, a person known only online comes somewhat close to the type of person another has imagined them to be when they finally meet in person. I don't think there are any statistics available but my guess would be that in the greater number of times, a person is somewhat off the mark in sizing up another who is online.

There will never be a subsitute for seeing and being with someone in person, seeing their facial expressions, watching their actions and politeness. Half of the people who get married in the United States end up getting divorced and they had benefit of being with their partner in the flesh. Just think how much worse an evaluation can be if you have only a computer screen to deal with.

I'm not a doctor nor have I done biology. But I'm curious what you said for

When you rely upon your perception of something or someone you cannot see or talk to, you are relying solely on imagination and not reality. In other words, you are in BIG trouble.

You know what kind of trouble I WILL be gotten??

In some cases, a person known only online comes somewhat close to the type of person another has imagined them to be when they finally meet in person. I don't think there are any statistics available but my guess would be that in the greater number of times, a person is somewhat off the mark in sizing up another who is online.

( i.e i know most people becomes friendship/relationship through net be it icq/irc.....LATELY has problems especially to net bf/gf ) I only know The brain created his/her reality. I don't know about net. Do you know why he/she is somewhat off...??