X BF has new GF but said he wants to meet up with me

xjohnsgirlx

I dated a guy for only about 3 months over a year ago. He left me and it felt as though it was for another girl (myspace comments). I never really forgave him because i was very attached to him and it did hurt alot when he left. We talk occasionally now just the small hi, how are you. We exchanged mobile numbers about 2 months ago as we both had new phones. neither of us had texted each other though. But then the other day at work there was a message from. It read 'hey are you at work i need to talk' so i was like hmm okay i texted him back said yea i am i finish soon whats wrong, he replied with a im having troubles and need to talk. I said you have a gf cant you talk to her. He replied with its about her. So i kinda didnt want to leave him on the edge so i said okay ill call you when i get home and he said ok. So couple hours later i get home from work and i call him. He was just over reacting about his gf, scared she was going to leave him. But i just calmed him down said she was just having a bad day .. which it clearly was by what he told me. We said bye and hung up and it felt wierd cause i hadnt spoken to him like voice wise since we broke up and i dont know why he came to me for that advice? he has alot of friends. So anyway another couple hours later another text from him saying can i call. i was like im out ill call you in 10. So then i call him and he was just over reacting again didnt listen to me when i said not to talk to her shes just having a bad day. We just had a little talk about everything as well and then he pops out a 'what are you doing thursday nite' i knew exactly where it was leading so i just said shopping. He said did i want to meet up and i said ok (which i shouldnt have!!) and i asked if his gf was coming, which i wud love to meet her and it would have been more comfortable but he said no. ..... thats my problem ... why it is now that he wants to meet up with me. I know i am not interested in him any more than just a friend but its also going to be wierd. A friend from work said just dont go, but it would be nice to just say hello and chat but on the other hand im worried about his gf. Like if i was her and my bf was going to meet up with his ex without me... like hello ... but once again i no nothing is going to happen i def dont like him... any suggestions?

EnigmasMuse

If I were you, I wouldn't worry to much about him. He LEFT you and probably for another girl, you said so yourself. He is having girl troubles so he is looking for someone (you) to fall back on or be his rebound if things don't work out with her. Have more respect for yourself, and move on.