is he implying a casual hookup or acting 5th gradish cause he likes me?

allieapplesauce

Can i get some opinions on this situation?

Ok, so if anyone knows about my recent heartache, I wont go into it, but I need to get the hell out of this funk I'm in. I'm not eating or sleeping or thinking of anything but my ex who im heartbroken over and work with. i need to move on and be happy. i want to wake up in the morning nad smile. not cry.

so there's this kid at work who is my age. (25) He bought his own house like 2 months ago, works at my job, seems a bit more stable and happier than my ex. I worked with him for about 1 1/2 years and most of our conversations were just a few words or sentences in passing on a weekly basis.

Then about 2 mo ago he started texting me. At first it started like once a week we'd have a conversation in text and i was initiating it. Then i went to this sportsman club thing with him and he was kinda flirty. I dont think it was a date exactly. but he came up to see me at work and asked if i wanted to hang out. that was like a month ago. he poked me at one point that night to see if i was ticklish, there were some offhand remarks about things involving some ppl there thinking i was there for one thing otherwise why would i drive 45 min to hang with him? they said something along the lines of if i was his girlfriend and i heard him remarks that was his goal....but he may just have been BSing guy to guy you know.

Since then i've been to his house 2x to watch the hockey games. and he started texting ME some instead of hte other way around and it's gotten VERY flirtatious.

First it would be like "goodnight! don't think about me too much. sorry i couldnt resist"

then there's talk of us having a drinking challenge (cause i said i could whoope his ass and drink him under the table) and taht once we're wasted he's very open to suggestion lol. or if he was testing me he'd ask me to sleep with him but that's not his style. then he'll turn around nad say he's just having fun. and he didnt mean it that way. and that i shouldnt want anything to do with him.... then he turns around and says something about how he perfers company to video games. but it's a plus when it involves a cute girl.

i had to buy a dress for a wedding and he was like you in a dress, that i gotta see?! and i was like oh really? and he was like "hell ya that'd be hot!"

so he said when i lose to the challenge i have to wear a dress to work and i was like um no im not wearing a dress to work. so he said he'd take me to dinner and i had to wear a dress.

well during hte game, he toko me upstairs to show me some country song he found...i really didnt get hte point of it. but then he put on this frank sinatra song then started dancing with me and spun me around once and stuff for a few minutes. it was cheesy but cute.

he'll say things about how he doesnt mind the random hook ups. so im getting a vibe he might just be flirtatous and having fun with it but i cant tell if he would just want to hook up or actually persue a relationship?

he dishes it then takes it back then puts it out there again.

friends at work who know him say he's a really nice guy. kinda like hte genuinely nice guys. and that he wants to be more than friends. but tehy dont know that for a fact or anything. just based on what i've told them.

im still hung up over my ex who i work with and i need to move on. this kid now he is cute and im developing maybe a little bit of a crush. im not sure how to handle this or read the signs tho.

can anyone offer their .002$???

Can i get some opinions on this situation?

Ok, so if anyone knows about my recent heartache, I wont go into it, but I need to get the hell out of this funk I'm in. I'm not eating or sleeping or thinking of anything but my ex who im heartbroken over and work with. i need to move on and be happy. i want to wake up in the morning nad smile. not cry.

so there's this kid at work who is my age. (25) He bought his own house like 2 months ago, works at my job, seems a bit more stable and happier than my ex. I worked with him for about 1 1/2 years and most of our conversations were just a few words or sentences in passing on a weekly basis.

Then about 2 mo ago he started texting me. At first it started like once a week we'd have a conversation in text and i was initiating it. Then i went to this sportsman club thing with him and he was kinda flirty. I dont think it was a date exactly. but he came up to see me at work and asked if i wanted to hang out. that was like a month ago. he poked me at one point that night to see if i was ticklish, there were some offhand remarks about things involving some ppl there thinking i was there for one thing otherwise why would i drive 45 min to hang with him? they said something along the lines of if i was his girlfriend and i heard him remarks that was his goal....but he may just have been BSing guy to guy you know.

Since then i've been to his house 2x to watch the hockey games. and he started texting ME some instead of hte other way around and it's gotten VERY flirtatious.

First it would be like "goodnight! don't think about me too much. sorry i couldnt resist"

then there's talk of us having a drinking challenge (cause i said i could whoope his ass and drink him under the table) and taht once we're wasted he's very open to suggestion lol. or if he was testing me he'd ask me to sleep with him but that's not his style. then he'll turn around nad say he's just having fun. and he didnt mean it that way. and that i shouldnt want anything to do with him.... then he turns around and says something about how he perfers company to video games. but it's a plus when it involves a cute girl.

i had to buy a dress for a wedding and he was like you in a dress, that i gotta see?! and i was like oh really? and he was like "hell ya that'd be hot!"

so he said when i lose to the challenge i have to wear a dress to work and i was like um no im not wearing a dress to work. so he said he'd take me to dinner and i had to wear a dress.

well during hte game, he toko me upstairs to show me some country song he found...i really didnt get hte point of it. but then he put on this frank sinatra song then started dancing with me and spun me around once and stuff for a few minutes. it was cheesy but cute.

he'll say things about how he doesnt mind the random hook ups. so im getting a vibe he might just be flirtatous and having fun with it but i cant tell if he would just want to hook up or actually persue a relationship?

he dishes it then takes it back then puts it out there again.

friends at work who know him say he's a really nice guy. kinda like hte genuinely nice guys. and that he wants to be more than friends. but tehy dont know that for a fact or anything. just based on what i've told them.

im still hung up over my ex who i work with and i need to move on. this kid now he is cute and im developing maybe a little bit of a crush. im not sure how to handle this or read the signs tho.

can anyone offer their .002$???

Are you kidding? Of course he likes you!

• Author
allieapplesauce

i forgot to add...and it wouldnt let me edit it.....he was really telling me a lot of personal stuff about himself...family, hobbies, some interests, thigns like that. like a getting to know him thing.

• Author
allieapplesauce

wow thats like the quickest response to a post ever haha...so you think? my friend thinks he is just trying to get a response out of me so he can tell. i just dont know how much to really text him first. why dont guys ever talk on the phone anymore? why dont guys just ask a girl out. is this the chase? im afraid if i let the chase end then the whole thing will just blow up in my face again.

Jersey Shortie

The fact that he says he is into casual hooks to you, doesn't seem like he thinks you are relationship material. Guys can lay the charm on pretty thick even to just get laid. I would be wary of this guy if you are interested in something more serious. From the information you gave, I can't tell what his true intentions are but that one comment would make me pause seriously. And seriously, he should be calling you, not texting. Only whimps text.