why do some women prefer dating people beneath them?

i've had two ex-girlfriends leave me for guys who were working dead-end jobs and really didn't have the same goals as these "women."

both of these girls had told me they had been in terrible relationships before me and it seems like they both reverted back to these types of relationships.

what boggles my mind is that i had a lot in common with them and we wanted the same things (or so i thought). one even admitted to me that she had stayed in a previous marriage because she thought she could fix her husband and said she had always dated fixer-uppers in the past.

someone (particularly the women) help me understand this!

Sometimes people in terrible relationships tend to stay in terrible relationships.

Sometimes people who date beneathe them have low self-esteem, confidence or just like to feel surperior. Maybe some feel that's the best they can do or had bad experiences with people above them.

Maybe the reason they wanted to be with these men didn't have anything to do with thier class. A vast amount of men pair with women below financially below them and no one thinks anything of it.

Maybe those guys made them feel secure, and the class thing is secondary.

Women want someone who fits within their social structure, but may still choose the ones that don't fit within their social structure if they feel secure and loved by them first and foremost.

Turquoise Waters
i've had two ex-girlfriends leave me for guys who were working dead-end jobs and really didn't have the same goals as these "women."

both of these girls had told me they had been in terrible relationships before me and it seems like they both reverted back to these types of relationships.

what boggles my mind is that i had a lot in common with them and we wanted the same things (or so i thought). one even admitted to me that she had stayed in a previous marriage because she thought she could fix her husband and said she had always dated fixer-uppers in the past.

someone (particularly the women) help me understand this!

Well, a job really doesn't make a person. These men were 1. better looking than you and 2. possibly treated them very well and 3. had charm and your exes found them loveable and not snobs regarding occupation like you have!

You're asking a similar question here as to: Why do people stay in relationships with people who've cheated.

All in all i think there are more similarities between the former than not.

I don't know why women go for men like that.I would have stayed with you if you and I have the same goals in life.You know.Your two ex's must have low self-esteem, and just want to take care of their man the full 100%. NOT ME!!!!!!!!!! A good relationship is 50-50.