Starting over at 30

I really want to start living again, having friends, not being this stupid loner anymore. I feel this heavy weight going against me, like there's some giant force saying LISTEN UP IT WON'T HAPPEN. JUST GET INTO VIDEO GAMES OR SOMETHING!! I guess it's my own voice, yet I still fight it.

Well, I admit, I don't really make an effort to find new friends. But it's cause I don't know where or how. I don't know who or what I'm looking for, I'm just looking for someone, some generic person who might be on the same boat as myself. I just go about my day, go to work, but I'm always in this searching mode. What I'm searching for, I don't know. I guess someone to hang out with? I'm thinking all I need is one person, just somebody I can call and be like hey what you doing later?

I just need to meet the right people. But what else can I do beside job hopping or taking random classes with all these kids? I even got back into skateboarding, met some guys my age, but I don't see myself really diving back into that lifestyle. I think I've had a consecutive 33 weekends home alone, I am so sick of it!!! All I want to do is go out, right now, meet somebody, and get a burrito. That's all I want. I don't want a million bucks, just a burrito and somebody to go with.

Dumbledore
I don't want a million bucks, just a burrito and somebody to go with.

I'm not into the burrito scene, myself. That was a crazy, whacked-out period of my life, that's for sure. But it required more intestinal fortitude than I was created with. Anyway, back to your problem.

How about hobbies? What are your interests? I agree that your options are severely limited, now that your 20s are behind you, but it's not completely hopeless.