LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Starting over at 30

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2007, 2:45 AM   #1

Starting over at 30

I really want to start living again, having friends, not being this stupid loner anymore. I feel this heavy weight going against me, like there's some giant force saying LISTEN UP IT WON'T HAPPEN. JUST GET INTO VIDEO GAMES OR SOMETHING!! I guess it's my own voice, yet I still fight it.

Well, I admit, I don't really make an effort to find new friends. But it's cause I don't know where or how. I don't know who or what I'm looking for, I'm just looking for someone, some generic person who might be on the same boat as myself. I just go about my day, go to work, but I'm always in this searching mode. What I'm searching for, I don't know. I guess someone to hang out with? I'm thinking all I need is one person, just somebody I can call and be like hey what you doing later?

I just need to meet the right people. But what else can I do beside job hopping or taking random classes with all these kids? I even got back into skateboarding, met some guys my age, but I don't see myself really diving back into that lifestyle. I think I've had a consecutive 33 weekends home alone, I am so sick of it!!! All I want to do is go out, right now, meet somebody, and get a burrito. That's all I want. I don't want a million bucks, just a burrito and somebody to go with.
0217174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 2:55 AM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0217174 View Post
I don't want a million bucks, just a burrito and somebody to go with.
I'm not into the burrito scene, myself. That was a crazy, whacked-out period of my life, that's for sure. But it required more intestinal fortitude than I was created with. Anyway, back to your problem.

How about hobbies? What are your interests? I agree that your options are severely limited, now that your 20s are behind you, but it's not completely hopeless.
Dumbledore is offline   Reply With Quote