He's ranting all the time. After six weeks of marriage I'm fed up with his ranting!

I've been married to my new husband for 6 weeks now.When we first met, he was kind, loving and caring towards me - but now he's changed.At the wedding he ranted about everything - and about everyone at the wedding in the wedding speech. I asked him why he did it, and he said he was stressed, so I forgave him.We went on honeymoon, and he didn't rant at all for the entire 2 weeks.When we came back however - he changed, he began ranting about everything and anything.Now he won't stop ranting about everything and anything, no matter what the topic, he even ranted about sex when I tried to initiate a night of passion with him, he was ranting about my underwear not being good enough, and everything.He just won't stop ranting.... so I moved back in with my parents until he gave up. He ranted about every single thing, no matter who it is or what it was - and it was embarrassing to be with him.He now phones me, continually ranting about trying to get me to come back to him. He promised he wouldn't rant again.I'm not sure if I should go back to him - as I worry he'll rant againwhat do I do?

I don't understand how you wouldn't have noticed this ranting tendency of his while you were dating before you got married. :confused:

Maybe a therapist could help him with his anger issues, and with his need for everything to be the way he wants it. I don't know what else to suggest - someone who's that angry all the time is going to be very hard to live with.

I don't understand how you wouldn't have noticed this ranting tendency of his while you were dating before you got married. :confused:

My thoughts exactly. How long did you date? Tell him to see a therapist with you to figure out what is going on. You gotta nip these things in the bud before they get carried away, that's for sure.

Don't count on him changing in any major way. Ranting seems to be just a part of his personality. You may have to cut and run on this one to spare yourself a life of his BS.

• Author

He never ranted before the marriage. From the wedding day itself is when it began.

I moved back in with my mother to get away from his ranting.

He apologised on the phone the other day, saying he was sorry, and wanted to come back - but how can I trust him thinking he will rant again??

If your husband was like this, what would you do?

He never ranted before the marriage. From the wedding day itself is when it began.

Sorry, don't believe you :confused:

Mr. Lucky

Sorry, don't believe you :confused:

Mr. Lucky

I have to say that this whole thing doesn't have the ring of truth to it for me either BUT just in case I'm wrong, how long have you known each other redfox? You never said?

And what would I do? Ha! I was once married to a ranter. I divorced him. It was hellish at times.

green-eyed beauty

Maybe he hid that negative aspect of himself until he "got" you, after he got you to the altar. Now you see the true guy.

Storyrider

Isn't ranting and monologuing sometimes a symptom of mental illness?