B/f still talks to his Ex

My b/f is friends with his most recent ex before me.... it bothers me. She lives in another state, so its not like they see eachother. But they talk probably once every one or two months... they have been broken up for almost 2 years.

When we first got together it didn't bother me that much because they shared the same phone bill, so they had to talk, but now that they don't they still talk.

I told him it bothered me, and he didn't understand why. He said I should be more mature about it. He said they are just friends, who both knew they were not right for eachother, but they were still friends, and that I have nothing to worry about.

Then she said if it bothers you that much, I won't talk to her as much.

Am I wrong for being upset that they still talk??? I said to him when it is going to stop, are you going to talk to her when your 30? 40?? 50??

please Help

*sigh* just let it go. Find something worthwhile to obsess about. If there is nothing else to obsess about then your relationship is fabulous. It' only once every 2 months...

Is this just a symptom of a much larger issue, like you struggling with jealousy/insecurity? This should honestly be such an incredible non-issue.

I personally do not see why people should need to still be in contact with an EX when they are in a new relationship.I can understand you being upset as these two shared intimacy together.

I myself like to make the clean breaks,too often you hear of people staying in contact with their ex then they end up going back to them.Better to let him know how it makes you feel and if he would prefer to speak with her then make you happy within the relationship then he isn't worth the trouble.