Overexcited chattery replies to first emails

This is just a minor issue but it's irckin me and want to know what to do:

You find somebody online so you send them a brief message asking how's it going, etc.. They seem interested and ask you a few questions back enthusiastically... So you pick up on this and get a little too excited yourself and responsd something like.. Hey! Oh yeah I am from there! That's totally cool!.. blah blah..

Then they reply something like.. "oh, cool. Anyway, yeah it is cold over there."

So usually I just slam my head and delete and move on. But it pisses me off cause I'm not this nervous blabbering person in reality. I don't know what to say to them after that tho, it's like that first impression has already been blown.

What's a good way to reply to let em know this isn't how you really are??

Hey my 1,000th's post :). Sorry lol!!

No it hasn't been blown.

I actually like that myself because then I know that I would have something in common and that someone can relate to what I'm talking about.

That way the converstation wouldn't get boring.

My suggestion then it to not get over excited in your e-mails if your worried about it.

• Author

Congrads on the 1000th post, here's some confetti for u ***** ** * ** haha. sorry for the cheap confetti, had to pick it up at kmart.

Anyway, yea I know, but maybe i'm in a desparate rut right now and can't help but get overexcited when I get a positive response. I get all giddy like a 12 year old.. What's a good way to reply. Say, oh excuse my overexcitement in my last email to you?

gawd. thank goodness i have a friend that remembers all my passwords and stuff - i have no clue after one or two sites for emails

i am kinda sick of computers and the internet really

had my fill sort of if u know what i mean

:laugh: Thanks, I love it!!:laugh: Nothing beats K-mart confetti. :D

Well I do know what you mean. I get like sometimes myself.

I would wait and see what she says. I don't think you need to say your sorry or anything just try not to do it again. She might also be getting excited too or may not even see your post as you being excited.

Did she reply back?

• Author

Yup, kmart is the best. REmember the giant pretzels and icees?

Anyway, nope no reply. I get the feeling she is just too cool for school and is imagining me to be below her standards I suppose.

I think from now on I'll simply reply to people with: nope. sure. right on.

Bet I'll have them oozing all over me with that..

Yeah I do remember those. I used to get the frozen cokes when I was younger from there. Some places still have them but not like they used too.

Give her time she might be busy or something or shes doesn't know what to write lol!!

naw, she is just full of excuses - she has plenty of time to do things

maybe one day she'll try something that will actually improve her life - but that is not my concern

she can do that stuff herself