Always stares at me....

What's up with that? I don't know what to think. There is this hot guy at work that I am attracted too, and I get a feeling like he is interested in me but not sure. When we do see eachother, he always stares at me, its like his eyes are glued on me. It makes me feel alittle ackward when I look up and he is right in my view starring at me. But then I think maybe it's all in my head that he might be interested in me with him always starring.

WE manage to say hello to eachother and ask each how the other is doing, but that is about it. The type of job we do isn't really something we stop and talk to whoever. So, what do you think? Today was my 2nd time I caught him starring, and when I see he is starring, he don't take his eyes off of me. Maybe this is his weird way of showing interest, I really don't know.

It makes me feel alittle ackward..

I think I understand. There's nothing worse than feeling ackward.

Next time hand him a little disposable camera and start posing.

Some guys think prolonged eye contact is meaningful. If you don't have the confidence in your ability to speak to someone, there are few decent options to break the ice.

If you dig him, and you catch him doing it again, why don't you just make conversation and let him off the hook he's hung himself on.

I agree....it's always good to stare someone in the eye with confidence. That backfires though if the other person is not in the least bit attracted to you.

I say stare back if he seems interesting to you, you never know what can happen.

Cheers!

• Author

WEll, I want to show him I am interested, but I am a very shy gal til you get to know me. When I caught him today in my line of vision, I just happened to look up and there he was starring at me. I felt my face get instintly red because I blush very easy. I couldn't focus on my work because I was thinking if he is interested in me and what the deal is with the starring.

Will see if I see this guy a 3 time starring at me. Then I will make my move.

• Author

Do you think this guy could be starring at me because he finds me UGLYand is looking at all my faults??? Do guys do that???

Do you think this guy could be starring at me because he finds me UGLYand is looking at all my faults??? Do guys do that???

Guys don't do that. I'm sure you don't have that problem. Usually if I see a girl I find unattractive, I'll do anything to NOT make eye contact like that, so that she doesn't get the wrong idea.

I agree with Johan, guys don't stare at someone who their not interested in.

• Author

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. That makes me feel so much better. Today I was having one of those ugly days, lots of zits on the face, over tired etc. ITs strange, I was thinking about I hope I do see him soon, and there he was, greeted me in the morning as I was comming up the stairs.

Well, here is another question, how can I start off a conversation when we are already past the point of saying Hi, how are you etc.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. That makes me feel so much better. Today I was having one of those ugly days, lots of zits on the face, over tired etc. ITs strange, I was thinking about I hope I do see him soon, and there he was, greeted me in the morning as I was comming up the stairs.

Well, here is another question, how can I start off a conversation when we are already past the point of saying Hi, how are you etc.

Small talk, just look at what he's doing and improvise. If he's engaged in concentration say "Damn! you look really busy.". When you speak make sure you look directly at him and smile, be very confident. It really helps if you are confident, so find something you know that you can take pride in.

Cheers!

It's funny, because this is how my bf and I started dating. We work in the same building. We stared at one another for a while, started saying "hi" and exchanging smiles. After a while, I thought it was silly that I was saying hi to this guy without knowing his name, so I took the initiative to introduce myself, and things kind of happened from there.

You probably already know his name. You can break the ice by starting to talk about something at work, mention a news item you thought was funny, ask if he's seen a particular movie, because you just saw it and you thought it was good/funny/horrible. I found what helps is try really hard to pretend he's not a cute guy, but someone you're really interested in having as a friend.

Then after you've broken the ice, you can stop pretending and start flirting with him ;) .

Good luck!

I know what you feel. We're just somewhat different. When I was just talking or chatting to my seatmate a little bit while the class is going on, I caught someone staring at me far from the right. (I'm in first row and she was in 2nd row) But then, after knowing that she was looking at me, I stared back at the front trying to look ok and pretending I didn't catch her. (I was talking to my right seatmate)

Another case: (I was talking to my left seatmate)

I don't know but I feel that someone is staring at me while the class is going on or free time. This girl is coming from my near left. (2nd row again) But sometimes, I was just having an illusion.

Another case: (I was either talking to my left or right or just bowing in front)

Then, a girl far from my back called my two seatmates. I don't know but I think she wanted to get my attention - yes she won! she gotten my attention. Then one time, she just called me. I looked back and I saw her mean look - like to attract or something. Then I immediately stared at front trying to be ok. She was just asking for something, but why to me? - how about my two seatmates she used to ask?

Conclusion: Sometimes it may be our own mind's works. Or maybe a reality that the guy really attracted to you whether physically or inside - he may know you already from friends. Or I guess he's just trying to attract you more because he knows that you like him. Don't fell for it. why not try getting away from him. show some disinterest at him. (i guess for two weeks) if he keeps on looking at you even though you've done your best pretending that you don't like him, i think he really likes you.

*hope it works :D

• Author

TODAY at work:

Filling you in. Today at work I seen the hottie who likes to stare at me. He was busy so he wasn't staring that much. I did kinda not pay attention to him today because I don't want this to be all about eye contact and that is it. So I was busy with working and I seen when I went to break that he was looking at me and that is when I looked at him and it wasn't like a look and look away thing. How can I make the move? I don't want to wait for him, maybe he is shy or something, but then I figure if he is shy then he would look away when I catch him staring at me. I don't know this guys name, but I know if I say anythign to him, I will get really nervous and start studering. ITs bad enough he makes me blush.

So all the help is needed. Thank you

Does he have any facial expression at all?? body language??

When some one stares at you, normally it means they are interested.

If you do stare at each other again just have a little smile at him for 1 to 2 seconds and then turn away. After that see what happens, if body language is positive and he smiles.....who am I kidding, it doesn't matter. He is interested, just smile and walk over and say "Hi, how come you always look at me? Do I have bad teeth or something." take it from there.

TODAY at work:

Filling you in. Today at work I seen the hottie who likes to stare at me. He was busy so he wasn't staring that much. I did kinda not pay attention to him today because I don't want this to be all about eye contact and that is it. So I was busy with working and I seen when I went to break that he was looking at me and that is when I looked at him and it wasn't like a look and look away thing. How can I make the move? I don't want to wait for him, maybe he is shy or something, but then I figure if he is shy then he would look away when I catch him staring at me. I don't know this guys name, but I know if I say anythign to him, I will get really nervous and start studering. ITs bad enough he makes me blush.

So all the help is needed. Thank you

From a guys perspective he's probably digging you but really shy. If you two are giving each other good vibes why don't you walk up to him, say hi and say, "hey I have something for you" smile and then give him a piece of paper with your name and phone number? Take it from there. Go out to lunch and get to know each other a little. If he's not the guy you thought he was you'll know soon enough.

I was in the same exact position with a girl trainer at the gym. Something about her just made my mind go blank, she approached me a couple times to make small talk but yeah, like I said, nobody was home upstairs LOL. Now she doesn't work there no more. I learned from that situation I need to do a similar approach to the one I posted, not the same exact thing cause guys and girls are different but yeah. Do it, or you'll always wonder what if. What ifs suck...

• Author
Does he have any facial expression at all?? body language??

When some one stares at you, normally it means they are interested.

If you do stare at each other again just have a little smile at him for 1 to 2 seconds and then turn away. After that see what happens, if body language is positive and he smiles.....who am I kidding, it doesn't matter. He is interested, just smile and walk over and say "Hi, how come you always look at me? Do I have bad teeth or something." take it from there.

When I see this guy, he just stares, but the look he gives is so deep. Okay, so he could be interested, what is wrong with him not approaching me? I had the perfect opportunity to approach him today before break, but I would get so nervous and wouldn't know what to say other then hi. When he does look at me though, the couple times, he is facing me, which seems very accepting. But I don't know. I got to make the move though, but I need more signs so I feel comfortable approaching him and know he is semi interested.

• Author
From a guys perspective he's probably digging you but really shy. If you two are giving each other good vibes why don't you walk up to him, say hi and say, "hey I have something for you" smile and then give him a piece of paper with your name and phone number? Take it from there. Go out to lunch and get to know each other a little. If he's not the guy you thought he was you'll know soon enough.

I was in the same exact position with a girl trainer at the gym. Something about her just made my mind go blank, she approached me a couple times to make small talk but yeah, like I said, nobody was home upstairs LOL. Now she doesn't work there no more. I learned from that situation I need to do a similar approach to the one I posted, not the same exact thing cause guys and girls are different but yeah. Do it, or you'll always wonder what if. What ifs suck...

That is great advice! Definitly need to make my move.

Girl I can totally identify with you! I catch a guy at my work staring at me all the time! When I catch him, Im like shocked and I get so nervous that I'm feeling all self-conscious. I don't know how to even act around him. I have tried smiling and he will smile at me. I'm not sure if its interest or if hes just being friendly. He's friendly to a lot of people who work on our floor. So, who knows?

BlueEyedSarah
I need more signs so I feel comfortable approaching him and know he is semi interested.

Lick your lips and wink at him...

Oh wait...I think thats an approach for something more...hmm...maybe don't do that :)

RE:

I believe you should gather the courage to have a nice simple conversation with the man. Period.

Introduce and sub-consciously root for yourself -otherwise how else will you establish fulfilling relations with men and women in life.

I don't think it would be a good idea giving him your phone number, at this point in time -in my honest opinion. Sends out the wrong message.

You and him need to associate with each other before taking it to the next level. Besides, it seems as though, you barely know him -and solely characterizing a man based on his stares [interest level] is not a bold move.

You haven't seen the real him, and he hasn't seen the real you.

Good Luck.

Sand&Water

i think i am going to be the only one who would say its strange if he continues to stare you down but doesnt strike a conversation.

if his stares make you awkward n uncomfortable , its your instincts telling you somthing is definetly wrong with his actions... you must be a bit careful before going out with this guy ... do your homework on him first.

• Author
RE:

I believe you should gather the courage to have a nice simple conversation with the man. Period.

Introduce and sub-consciously root for yourself -otherwise how else will you establish fulfilling relations with men and women in life.

I don't think it would be a good idea giving him your phone number, at this point in time -in my honest opinion. Sends out the wrong message.

You and him need to associate with each other before taking it to the next level. Besides, it seems as though, you barely know him -and solely characterizing a man based on his stares [interest level] is not a bold move.

You haven't seen the real him, and he hasn't seen the real you.

Good Luck.

Sand&Water

You gave some really good advice and you are so right. Simple conversation, getting his name down, talking with him about anything everything. I need to get more of a feel and I feel alittle ackward to give him my number kinda knowing he wouldn't call yet or feel comfortable doing so and maybe he would think it is strange. WEll, I don't know.

Thank you again for good advice.

• Author
i think i am going to be the only one who would say its strange if he continues to stare you down but doesnt strike a conversation.

if his stares make you awkward n uncomfortable , its your instincts telling you somthing is definetly wrong with his actions... you must be a bit careful before going out with this guy ... do your homework on him first.

IT does sound strange, but the type of job we have is very physical, lots of movement and not really much time to talk with one another or stop what your doing to have a conversation. He is trying to make insentive and I am trying to make insentive and we can't stand around to talk. But yes, I will do my homework and see what his story is. Thank you for your advice.

I'm a guy and it seems to me that he really likes you but that he is very shy. He is most likely more afraid of talking to you than you are of him. So if I were you I would initiate the first talk. Something simple like hi, how is your day today? Then say something about the work you do, etc. The most important thing is that you keep initiating the talks so that he feels comfortable knowing that you like him. He is probably terrified of rejection from a girl he likes. I'm the same way. I can talk to girls that I don't find attractive very easily but the ones I do I freeze up. So my remedy is to pretend that they are just friends otherwise I get all self conscious and my mind goes blank.