Mixed signals. Does he want me? Or am I just a friend?

Two years ago I began corresponding with a man over the internet. Even though we lived in different countries (I'm Swedish, he is from Canada) we became extremely close through our exchanges and despite being private people, we opened our hearts to each other. Several months into our correspondence he admitted that he had developed feelings for me and that I had become his world, his reason for existing, etc. Sadly, I couldn't relate to his sentiments. The idea of falling in love with someone I had never met or seen was very alien to me and though I enjoyed having him as a confidant, my feelings were strictly platonic. The more his 'love' for me intensified, the more distance I became until finally I stopped writing altogether. He later told me that I broke his heart and that I had ruined his ability to trust people. I had never felt so cruel and heartless as I did then.

A year later, we started writing again because we both missed our special friendship. Time had passed and he had moved in with someone (the same woman he had rejected in the past due to his feelings for me- despite my being in Sweden and this woman being in his hometown). The pressure for romance was off and he and I could just be simple email buddies. In a fateful turn of events, I moved from Sweden to within 50 miles of him, something neither of us had ever imagined happening and something I'm still in shock over. It was only natural for us to meet for coffee and I was excited about finally seeing him in person, since I still didn't have much of a visual as to what he looked like. Upon our first meeting, I was immediately attracted to him- the chemistry, at least for me, was fiery and intense. Due to distance (he doesn't have a car) and busy schedules, we've only met three times in the 5 weeks that I've lived in Canada, with another meeting coming up on Tuesday.

Which leads me to my dilemma: I have no idea what his intentions are and it's *killing* me because I think I'm falling in love with him. He has a girlfriend and he is a loyal, honest man who would never hurt his partner. On the other hand, his emails have taken on a romantic tone since we've met, though a discreet one. He has confided that he shares more with me than he does with anyone else, including his girlfriend. He makes references to the 'big decisions' he needs to make, how the near future will be a new chapter in his life. Am I reading between lines that don't exist? Does he want my friendship or do you think he's interested in something more? I'm so desperate to be with him, in a physical sense, and I think he feels the same but I don't know what to do. He has a girlfriend and I don't think he's sure of my feelings for him. If he chooses to stay with her, I understand and I will wish them the best. But what if he feels as strongly about me as I do about him?

What should I do??

ChampionSound

follow love. if he rejects you, it's his decision to make. in my opinion, he will stay with the girl. not to hurt your feelings, but a sure bet is hard to brush off. the main thing is don't let it hurt you when it falls apart. your feelings are good and true. always run with that. good luck.