She told me she loves me. Did I do the right thing?

higherground5

So this girl I've been seeing for about 3 months, and committed to for about 2 weeks, has just recently told me she's falling in love with me. Up until this point, I've been creating this wall between us because I didn't want to tell her my feelings. The reason being is that this is a risky situation because she broke up with her ex from a 5 year relationship (she said she fell out of love with him a year before she broke it off) not that long ago. About a month or two after she broke it off I started hanging out with her. So should I trust her feelings for me at this point? We are very compatible, we have a lot in common, and I know she's very attracted to me and likes spending time with me when she can. One of her friends told me she was getting frustrated because I wasn't communicating how I feel about her. So a day after she opened up to me I told her I was falling in love with her as well. Did I do the right thing here?

Someone please help.

Thanks,

Forbin

My husband had been out of a 6 year relationship just 2 months when we started dating. Obviously it worked out for us. There is always the risk that she is on the rebound, but if the two of you are really clicking, take a chance and let your heart go.

laRubiaBonita
I told her I was falling in love with her as well. Did I do the right thing here?

Someone please help.

are you REALLY falling for her, or just saying it cause she did, and it sounds good, plus it does keep her interested.

i am currently in a position, where he said it really soon, and i had just gotten out of a LTR.... so i said i loved him too. Now i do not think i do, i love the fact that he loves me, somewhat.... i like the guy, but i am not in love with him.

so now i am in predicament... How do i take back the I love you's that i have said, and how do i not say it anymore?

should i respond to his i love you's by saying i love that you love me too?

so, colforbin5, how do you really feel about this girl?

• Author
higherground5
are you REALLY falling for her, or just saying it cause she did, and it sounds good, plus it does keep her interested.

i am currently in a position, where he said it really soon, and i had just gotten out of a LTR.... so i said i loved him too. Now i do not think i do, i love the fact that he loves me, somewhat.... i like the guy, but i am not in love with him.

so now i am in predicament... How do i take back the I love you's that i have said, and how do i not say it anymore?

should i respond to his i love you's by saying i love that you love me too?

so, colforbin5, how do you really feel about this girl?

I'm glad you mentioned that. In my situation, I didn't open up any feelings to her at all up until now, and that was after about 3 months of dating. The reason why I did this is that I didn't want to come on too strong and scare her away--I wanted her to come to me with her feelings first so I didn't look like a wuss bag or anything. So I saw her on Tuesday night, and that's when she said she was falling in love with me. Last night, she came over for dinner, and I sat her down and told her that I was falling in love with her too. I've had these feelings for a while now, but I just didn't wanted to rush anything. I did feel obligated to tell her I loved her when she told me though because I don't want her to feel rejected. This is a very true statement-she is everything I want in a girl and we have a really good time when we hang out. I just hope

laRubiaBonita
This is a very true statement-she is everything I want in a girl and we have a really good time when we hang out. I just hope

good!

just relax, have fun and keep learning about each other!

I think if you are actually falling in love with her than awesome!

But if not and you just said it becuase she wants it than that is not good at all she came from a long relationship so it could put a big tole on that.

i was in a four year relationship and also stoped caring about the person and a year later broke up with them and met someone a week later now we have been togtehr 2 years and I love him very much.

She might be vulnerable after the long relationship but since she hade no feelings for a year I think it is ok.

So this girl I've been seeing for about 3 months, and committed to for about 2 weeks, has just recently told me she's falling in love with me. Up until this point, I've been creating this wall between us because I didn't want to tell her my feelings. The reason being is that this is a risky situation because she broke up with her ex from a 5 year relationship (she said she fell out of love with him a year before she broke it off) not that long ago. About a month or two after she broke it off I started hanging out with her. So should I trust her feelings for me at this point? We are very compatible, we have a lot in common, and I know she's very attracted to me and likes spending time with me when she can. One of her friends told me she was getting frustrated because I wasn't communicating how I feel about her. So a day after she opened up to me I told her I was falling in love with her as well. Did I do the right thing here?

Someone please help.

Thanks,

Forbin

I think you did the right thing by telling her how you feel. She has been in a bad relationship before, she probably knows more the kind of person she wants to be with now. I am sure you two ARE falling for each other as well as you get along.