Should i get involved?? Please help!!

VanessaT.

I met a guy at a concert and we started talking and e- mailing each other. It turns out he lives about an hour and a half from me, which is OK bacause there is a city in between us where we meet. The problem is that he doesn't really live an hour and a half away, he lives all the way in Australia. He is only here at college for a year and then he goes back home in May for good. I like him but i am really scared that i will get attached to him (i have been known to do that). I think that we could have something really cool together, but i'm not sure if it is worth it. I am really scared of getting hurt in the end. What should i do???

Go with your gut. Even if the two of you should fall madly in love over the next year, your life could fall apart if you have to move to Australia to be with him. The whole situation is just not practical. If you could be with him and just have fun, I'd say go for it. But since you have the tendency to get too attached, that would be dangerous.

If you want to be heartbroken, continue to persue this dude. If not, just be friends, don't see him or talk to him on a regular basis, and find someone who lives in your proximity. I know you can do it.

It's probably the accent you go for. Find someone you like who lives close by and teach him to talk with the accent you enjoy.

On the other hand, if you're a gambler and you don't mind living in Australia, go for it. Love is a risk no matter where the two people live or where they plan on moving in the future.

My vote, however, is for moving on.

How does this guy feel about you? Let things unfold and let a friendship start (like it is now). Sooner or later something's bound to come up about the committment level. If nothing is going to come out of it..keep the friendship and just don't worry bout it yet. Things will happen the way they are supposed to. It's too early to worry bout it plus you have to see what he says about the two of you.