good or bad idea

Jimmy

I posted here earlier, and found out that the girl i want to get in touch with is about as shy as me... so anyways i was wondering if you think its a good idea if i send her and E-mail and tell her to call me to talk........

I scrolled down some distance and saw no post from a Jimmy so I was not able to review your earlier situation. Maybe I just missed it somehow.

However, if someone is VERY shy, it's not a good idea to ask them to call you. That's about the last thing they will do.

Again, not knowing the entire situation, I am at a handicap but what I would recommend is that you send her a series of Emails, say four of five over a two week period. Don't send them every single day...that might scare her just a bit. Let her reply to each, answer her a day or two later each time. Discuss whatever you want to discuss but make it nice and general if she is shy.

After the fourth or fifth exchange of Email, just casually include your phone number in case she would ever like to get in touch with you or talk over the phone and ask her for her number if the feels comfortable giving it to you.

A shy girl is more likely to give you her number than she is to call you. A shy person is NOT likely to want the responsiblity of calling first but would more likely want to be the recipient of a call. That will be far less awkward to her. But giving her your number and requesting hers at the same time sort of evens things out and gives her options.

Sometimes, well actually a lot, in love you have to just be real cool about things. I think this is the best approach but others here may have good reasons for doing it another way and I hope you will consider those as well.

I think you should call her. She will be flattered that you made the first move, even if she is shy. But don't expect her to call you. Shy girls feel awkward about calling guys.

I scrolled down some distance and saw no post from a Jimmy so I was not able to review your earlier situation. Maybe I just missed it somehow. However, if someone is VERY shy, it's not a good idea to ask them to call you. That's about the last thing they will do. Again, not knowing the entire situation, I am at a handicap but what I would recommend is that you send her a series of Emails, say four of five over a two week period. Don't send them every single day...that might scare her just a bit. Let her reply to each, answer her a day or two later each time. Discuss whatever you want to discuss but make it nice and general if she is shy. After the fourth or fifth exchange of Email, just casually include your phone number in case she would ever like to get in touch with you or talk over the phone and ask her for her number if the feels comfortable giving it to you. A shy girl is more likely to give you her number than she is to call you. A shy person is NOT likely to want the responsiblity of calling first but would more likely want to be the recipient of a call. That will be far less awkward to her. But giving her your number and requesting hers at the same time sort of evens things out and gives her options. Sometimes, well actually a lot, in love you have to just be real cool about things. I think this is the best approach but others here may have good reasons for doing it another way and I hope you will consider those as well.