PMS

curious

My guy friends usually pick up pretty fast when I'm going through PMS. And so do my girlfriends. It's my wife who has the real problem getting the hint.

I think if you know a guy fairly well, telling him is just fine. It's a fact of life. But I don't think I would go there after just meeting someone or on a first or second date.

Don't explain off rude or weird behavior as being due to PMS, unless you know the person fairly well.

Now if you are PMSing and become homicidal, you owe it to all people to warn them prior to gunning them down, no matter how briefly or long you have known them. I mean, that's the least you could do.

I always remind my husband when my time is approaching. I tend to make mountains out of mole hills during the week before my period. I get very emotional- (angry, sad, nervous) and I have found myself blaming my husband for my emotional outbursts- while at the same time I can hear this little voice in my head saying- "this is not nearly as bad as you think- remember what time of month it is?" I have learned to remind myself of how I have handled a similar situation in the past-when I was in my right mind. If my husband didn't know anything about what was going on with me

during that time- he would have left a long time ago! I would say that you should mention it- if you experience severe mood swings. But don't use it as an excuse for bad behavior. Jenna

My guy friends usually pick up pretty fast when I'm going through PMS. And so do my girlfriends. It's my wife who has the real problem getting the hint. I think if you know a guy fairly well, telling him is just fine. It's a fact of life. But I don't think I would go there after just meeting someone or on a first or second date. Don't explain off rude or weird behavior as being due to PMS, unless you know the person fairly well. Now if you are PMSing and become homicidal, you owe it to all people to warn them prior to gunning them down, no matter how briefly or long you have known them. I mean, that's the least you could do.