hypothyroid tony can you help?

hopeless

hi tony, i know this is not a medical board and i am sorry for posting here again, it's just that i don't know who else to ask and you are so knowledgeable about so much that i am hoping maybe you can help. i posted here a while ago about going through perimenopause, having hypothyroid and also have hypoglycemia. what a wreck i am. the anxiety is the worst. my main complaint at the time was lack of support from the b'f. what i am wondering tho is do you have any ideas for what herbs may help with these problems? the thyroid i guess is the main thing since it is a real problem that causes the most problems. if you can't i understand cause you don't want to be responsible for anyone taking something that they shouldn't but i have nothing to lose by asking you. my dr. suggested synthroid but i'm nervous about anything. thanks in advance.

I do not want to get involved in any way in your medical treatment, but I will tell you what to suggest to your doctor.

There is a homeopathic formulation called Armour Thyroid, which is a natural thyroid preparation. It is made by CompliMed. You can read about it on the net. Case studies have shown it to be an excellent natural alternative to Synthroid and have been used quite successfully in women whose hormone levels have gone out of balance during stress, pregnancy or menopause. Read more about it and decide if that's what you'd like. As I said, lots of women use it with excellent results as an alternative to Synthroid.

Other than that, I think rather than go crazy in a health food store, you need to eat well balanced meals, follow a doctor's prescribed medical diet for your hypoglycemia, get moderate exercise as approved by your physician (exercise is really important), and get sufficient rest. Once you are stabilized and into your exercise program, you will rest well.

I do understand your anxiety over taking additional drugs. It is normal for persons who are very anxious to be concerned about what effects unfamiliar drugs will have on the body. Take anything new in stages, beginning with small doses and raising them in order to get confidence that you will be OK with any new medication or natural formuala. Be sure your doctor and pharmacist are always aware of EVERYTHING you are taking. Do not attempt to treat yourself. Explain to your doctor why you would like to try an alternative to Synthroid.

Surf the net for more information on the subject...and remember to keep your doctor informed always, even if you decide to go off on your own and try something. Take your meds, exercise, relax, don't stress yourself out, avoid sugars and lots of carbohydrates, and live well!!!